Kijiji Find : Passat Wagon W8 6 speed AWD

oVeRdOsE

Wow, je ne savais même pas que ça existait en cette configuration.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ed/1117774448?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

$_27.JPG

$_27.JPG

I have a extremely rare car for sale. 2003 VW Passat W8 Variant 6 speed manual. You have probably never seen one of these cars and you probably won't see one again. Total production sent to Canada for this model is 10. That's right only 10 of these cars were sold in Canada and 100 in US. This is your chance to own a piece of Volkswagen history and have an awesome winter wagon. I don't need to sell this car nor do I want to I'm testing the waters to see what interest I can get. Fully loaded interior with heated leather seats memory seating, sunroof, all power options working properly. Interior is 9/10 condition. Exterior of the car is very good for a 12 year old car. Small ding on the rear hatch and 2 tiny door dings on passenger side. Wheels have curb rash. Newer all season tires on now used for about 10k. Regular oil changes with full synthetic. Power steering is starting to get a bit weak so it will need a pump replaced eventually. Other than that the car runs great. Does have an engine code for catalytic converter I got checked at auto value. Few tiny marks here and there in the exterior. Do not send me offers over email I will not respond. If you are a serious buyer come take a look at it. This all wheel drive 6 speed manual 4.0L 8 cylinder is not your everyday VW.

I don't need to sell this car nor do I want to I'm testing the waters to see what interest I can get

Le monde qui disent vouloir testé le marché là... branche toi

I don't need to sell this car nor do I want to I'm testing the waters to see what interest I can get

Le monde qui disent vouloir testé le marché là... branche toi

J'ai traduit ça plus comme : '' je trouve une facon belle de dire que ce char là n'a pas de problèmes, donc je fait à croire que je veux le garder, mais en fait c'est un paquet de trouble pis je veux m'en débarasser''.

Stereotype #2: The Complexity of German Engineering

Take a look at that picture above. There are 4 different types of valve. Long and short versions for both intake and exhaust. The engine has 2 balance shafts, 2 belts, and 3 timing chains. The dimensions are the same as a Ford 289, but sideways - the W8 is as wide as the 289 is long, and shorter than the 289 is wide. To account for the extra vibration induced by moving away from a 90 degree V, VW used a split pin crank, balance shafts, and variable stiffness vacuum actuated hydraulic motor mounts. And they didn’t stop there - because of various package restrictions, combustion inefficiencies from the engine layout, and the brilliance of German engineering, you will find the following under the hood:

Secondary air pump
Remote oil-water heat exchanger
Water cooled alternator
10 Quart, 2 piece oil pan
Centrifugal air-oil separator
Auxiliary vacuum pump
The 3rd heaviest battery ever installed in a passenger car, mounted under the middle of the windshield.

I remembered reading a nifty article about the W8s on jalopnik a while back. I think this is it:
http://oppositelock.kinja.com/daily-driving-a-w8-1700696614

All that overengineering for modern v6 power level? No thanks!

Oui c'est rare mais damn ... JAMAIS j’achèterai ça. Mais bon, c'est comme tout les vieux Euro turbo/awd/luxueux.. ultra le fun.. jusqu'a temps que sa brise.

J'ai traduit ça plus comme : '' je trouve une facon belle de dire que ce char là n'a pas de problèmes, donc je fait à croire que je veux le garder, mais en fait c'est un paquet de trouble pis je veux m'en débarasser''.

Moi j'aurais traduit par : Le char vaut ben moins que ça, je le garde comme beater mais si un morron veut me donner 8 000$ pour ce money pit parce que c'est écris W8 dessus, je serait ben cave de pas le vendre...

$8000............?????? LMAO

I wouldn't touch that even if given to me. Not a great motor at all and even if someone does repairs themselves good luck.

Back