Poloz, beau plein de marde.

Sure we flooded the market with cheap money to help capitalize Canadian banks that didn't need it, bailed out GM and sold those shares at a lost for a faux balanced budget heading into an election and generally just ridding the oil train until it came crashing down.

Sure there was a global recession, everyone praised how well Canada was doing and well positioned it was to capitalize when the global economy would bounce back but that didn't materialize.

Hows 2016 looking right now? Does it smell like recession??

Hows 2016 looking right now? Does it smell like recession??

It's not looking good if you're hoping for consumption driven growth. A lot of people seem to agree that we've settled into a new normal of low growth and that consumer behaviour has changed for good, people are keeping their goods for longer not replacing them as often. We've already seen it with electronics over the past 5 years, 2 year replacement cycle for smartphones doesn't seem to be the norm anymore (rumours are that apple cut production for the next quarter), a lot of people holding on to their older cars (I think I read somewhere that the average age of a car on the road in the US is like 10 or 11 and expected to rise to 16).

Is Canada heading into a recession? I don't see anything to indicate otherwise. Even today it was reported that our trade deficit shrunk, not because we exported more but because we imported less, I'll let you decide how to interpret that.

Je n'ai absolument rien contre la venu des immigrants. Ce n'est pas comme si nous manquions de place, de ressource et de mains d'oeuvre.

Au moins, ils viennent, étudient, construisent et contribuent à l'économie du pays. Pour la MAJORITÉ d'entres eux.

Yes, we need more taxi drivers. Dans le cas des syriens par exemple, ca va prendre 10 ans passé avant de voir des retours sur l investissement. La majorité ne savent pas lire, ne comprennent pas l anglais ou le francais. On part de loin la.

It's not looking good if you're hoping for consumption driven growth. A lot of people seem to agree that we've settled into a new normal of low growth and that consumer behaviour has changed for good, people are keeping their goods for longer not replacing them as often. We've already seen it with electronics over the past 5 years, 2 year replacement cycle for smartphones doesn't seem to be the norm anymore (rumours are that apple cut production for the next quarter), a lot of people holding on to their older cars (I think I read somewhere that the average age of a car on the road in the US is like 10 or 11 and expected to rise to 16).

Is Canada heading into a recession? I don't see anything to indicate otherwise. Even today it was reported that our trade deficit shrunk, not because we exported more but because we imported less, I'll let you decide how to interpret that.

Yeah I read everything you wrote everywhere and more than once. I dont see what could break the cycle. People paying off their debts? What about aging population? Its going to be a huge load on our backs with not much to fight it in the future. So again, what could break the cycle and bring back wealth in the middle class working group?

Soo Harper aurait du fondé un Apple_2, un Ford_2 ou un Bank of America_2 ? lol nigga please, libre marché, pétrol était à 150$/baril, on a fait la passe pendant qu'on pouvait. Le problème c'est l'endettement des canadiens qui se sont acheté trop de condo entre eux pis que là y'on pu une cenne pour consommé et faire rouler l'économie.

Ce que Poloz y dit, c'est qu'y pourra pu baisser les taux plus bas dans pas long pour soutenir l'économie pis que ceux qui ont été épais vont se faire ramasser.

Une chance que Justin a un plan. J'espère qui va laver les sales riches et redonner toute leur richesse à la classe moyenne. .
j'suis d'accord qu'investir dans le pétrole quand on en a et qu'il est à 150$ le baril c'est wise mais pas de centrer l'économie sur ça entk pas dans notre systéme économique. Libre marché pls.. le laissez-faire à jamais sauvé le cul à personne en récession ni quand c'est le temps de relancer l'économie. De plus, "faire sa passe" n'a malheureusement pas sa place quand tu gère l'économie d'un pays et faut une vision à long terme, ce que les conservateurs n'avaient définitivement pas !

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Parce qu'il est un imbecile, un incompétent qui n'a jamais rien fait, et rien fait de bon pour le Canada depuis qu'il est en poste. En plus de ca il dit au Canadiens d etre patient. Euhhh heello.
Carney nous a tranquillement mis dans cette marde.

Pour essayer de lisser le crash de 2008-9 pour paraître bien pis sacrer son camp en Angleterre pis nous laisser dans la marde.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah I read everything you wrote everywhere and more than once. I dont see what could break the cycle. People paying off their debts? What about aging population? Its going to be a huge load on our backs with not much to fight it in the future. So again, what could break the cycle and bring back wealth in the middle class working group?

By break the cycle you mean return to high growth glory years? Either massive coordinated government spending or some crazy scientific break through (arrival of quantum computing or graphene battery technology)to spur new levels and areas of spending. Right now we're just replacing shit. Even if people paid off their debt and had more disposable income what would they do?

We want individuals to be fiscally responsible, save for their own retirement, be homeowners, invest in their children, pay more to encourage whatever social just cause or eco-friendly initiatives , while maintaining the same levels of aimless consumption from those great decades of massive economic growth. I don't know about anyone else's financial situation but I don't have nearly enough money to do all that.

I've got a pretty complex view as to what can be done to help the middle class.

In regards to health care and an aging population, there are a multitude of policy initiatives I would explore, thankfully this government seems to be heading in that direction.

Boomers are going to take up the vast majority of the health care spending so let's try to free up some money by encouraging younger generation to live a healthier lifestyle. I'd like to see some tax incentives to stay fit. (x$ of dollars back if you can run a 10k under an hour or that certain health parameters are within the healthy range)

A huge amount of money needs to be spent on health care at home and follow up care (an area where technology can be of tremendous help, slap a health tracker on all these old buggers). Spending money on someone that's just had a 1st massive heart attack is fine, wasting money on someone that comes into the hospital every month with diabetes related complications because they can't stick to a fucking diet is retarded and a massive waste of ressources.

Health care is no longer about treating people when they're at the hospital, it's about making sure they don't end up there.

I don't get how you guys blame the previous govt for this. Sure, they took advantage of the oil prices. Who wouldn't?

What where they supposed to do? Prop up the manufacturing sector by subsidizing jobs and investments? The high dollar and high wages meant that a lot of manufacturing jobs were gonna end up in mexico or overseas no matter what. Would you have felt better if they wasted taxpayers money to delay the inevitable? Do you thinks truly believe this would offset the loonie's interdependence on oil prices?

I think Poloz is playing it smart. There's no point over-reacting. Truth is there's not much that can be done.

By break the cycle you mean return to high growth glory years? Either massive coordinated government spending or some crazy scientific break through (arrival of quantum computing or graphene battery technology)to spur new levels and areas of spending. Right now we're just replacing shit. Even if people paid off their debt and had more disposable income what would they do?

We want individuals to be fiscally responsible, save for their own retirement, be homeowners, invest in their children, pay more to encourage whatever social just cause or eco-friendly initiatives , while maintaining the same levels of aimless consumption from those great decades of massive economic growth. I don't know about anyone else's financial situation but I don't have nearly enough money to do all that.

I've got a pretty complex view as to what can be done to help the middle class.

In regards to health care and an aging population, there are a multitude of policy initiatives I would explore, thankfully this government seems to be heading in that direction.

Boomers are going to take up the vast majority of the health care spending so let's try to free up some money by encouraging younger generation to live a healthier lifestyle. I'd like to see some tax incentives to stay fit. (x$ of dollars back if you can run a 10k under an hour or that certain health parameters are within the healthy range)

A huge amount of money needs to be spent on health care at home and follow up care (an area where technology can be of tremendous help, slap a health tracker on all these old buggers). Spending money on someone that's just had a 1st massive heart attack is fine, wasting money on someone that comes into the hospital every month with diabetes related complications because they can't stick to a fucking diet is retarded and a massive waste of ressources.

Health care is no longer about treating people when they're at the hospital, it's about making sure they don't end up there.

Nice summary.

Back