Computer/Network Gurus in here!

Raptor_86

I want to use TeamViewer from to connect from my work cpu to my home cpu with the WEB Client option. My free license is expired so everytime I install the program on my home cpu it does not work. Is there any workarounds, such as hiding my Ip address, to trick TeamViewer into detecting this is a new PC, for a new account?

Thanks,
Fred

Last edited:
Just setup the out-of-the-box RDP on your personnal computer, more complicated to implement but once it's done properly it's awesome because you don't have any programs to install on any computer, you can basically connect to your computer from any other computer, without the need to install or run any third party program.

RDP is good but you need to be able to implement some basic routing on your, ahem, router. We used to use LogMeIn until they started to charge for it. Now Chrome is the easiest solution and it's cross platform (works on Ubuntu, Mac OS, Windows...)

RDP is good but you need to be able to implement some basic routing on your, ahem, router. We used to use LogMeIn until they started to charge for it. Now Chrome is the easiest solution and it's cross platform (works on Ubuntu, Mac OS, Windows...)

If you wanna do RDP properly, you gotta go with a dynamic DNS configuration so overall it will require :

- Enable RDP on your computer (requires professionnal version of windows)
- Create a www.no-ip.com account or use any other dynamic DNS provider
- Set the dynamic DNS in your router and make it point to the previously created account (so each time your IP changes, tthe router pokes no-ip.com and your domain name gets updated dynamically to the updated IP)
- Set port forwarding to redirect requests from RDP to your local computer
- Set wake-on-lan port forwarding on your router so you can open your computer from anywhere before connecting to it by RDP

In my case my router didn't support no-ip.com for the dynamic DNS part, so I had to flash my router to ddrwt (which is kick ass by the way) in order to be able to set everything up.

If you wanna do RDP properly, you gotta go with a dynamic DNS configuration so overall it will require :

- Enable RDP on your computer (requires professionnal version of windows)
- Create a www.no-ip.com account or use any other dynamic DNS provider
- Set the dynamic DNS in your router and make it point to the previously created account (so each time your IP changes, tthe router pokes no-ip.com and your domain name gets updated dynamically to the updated IP)
- Set port forwarding to redirect requests from RDP to your local computer
- Set wake-on-lan port forwarding on your router so you can open your computer from anywhere before connecting to it by RDP

In my case my router didn't support no-ip.com for the dynamic DNS part, so I had to flash my router to ddrwt (which is kick ass by the way) in order to be able to set everything up.

Et.... J'ai mon forwarding port en externe sur 443... Comme ça quand je veux me connecter, je connecte sur "mydomain.com:443" ... Si le FW de l'entreprise ne laisse passer que 80/443, etc... Et mon router forward sur 3389.

Et.... J'ai mon forwarding port en externe sur 443... Comme ça quand je veux me connecter, je connecte sur "mydomain.com:443" ... Si le FW de l'entreprise ne laisse passer que 80/443, etc... Et mon router forward sur 3389.

Well played, je n'ai pas de probleme avec mon client actuel mais je vais ajouter le 443 comme safety ca fait plein de sens :bigup:

Install Dyndns software on a computer on your network, automatically update you IP adresse with your DNS name YAY.

Thing is, you don't need to be a network expert to use Chrome Remote and it's quite secure...

Just sayin.

C'est plus le fait que tu es dépendant d'un programme 3rd party que tu dois installer sur les deux postes pour que ca fonctionne, donc si c'est bloqué tu es fucked etc

Sinon des solutions faciles il en existe plein, TeamViewer etc...Et la plupart sont bloquées par les entreprises qui ont moindrement une bonne sécurité.

Le RDP ben c'est natif alors aucune dépendance, et les chances que le programme soit bloqué sont ridiculement basses parce que les business ont besoin d'utiliser RDP à l'interne...

Souvent les business vont bloquer les RDP sortant vers des adresses qui ne sont pas sur le réseau, mais la passe de l'ours qui tousse que BoxterBoy a posté règle le problème :bigup:

mais la passe de l'ours qui tousse que BoxterBoy a posté règle le problème :bigup:

Sauf avec les FW et content inspectors qui deviennent assez smart pour bloquer le traffic qui n'a aucun rapport avec le well-known port utilisé. Je trouve même complètement stupide qu'un FW typique ne fasse que regarder le port et se foute de l'inspection du protocole... Du RDP, ça devrait jamais passer si tu autorises seulement 80/443, dans ce cas c'est évidement que seulement du HTTP/HTTPS devrait passer.

Le gars voulait connecter du bureau vers sa maison, pas controler le PC principal du directeur de la banque du Canada a distance.

Back