Article: AMG or M and why

meanteg

Legacy Member
C'est une question tellement simple, je ne souviens pas d'avoir vu un thread là-dessus.

Donc AMG ou M?

J'pense pas que ce soit une nouvelle pour tout le monde, AMG pour moi. AMG sont Raw, ne s'en cachent pas et ils le savent. Y'a une pureté dans la marque qui me fait pencher.

Bin jusqu'au 6.2L au moins. Aujourd'hui c'est une autre histoire.

J'ai eu une M et pas de AMG mais je vote AMG quand même.

On dirait que après la M tu "montes" en grade avec une Porsche (ou Ferrari encore plus haut). Donc des voitures plus "connectées".

Mais en terme de brutalité et de son, après AMG y'a vraiment pas grand chose de plus, t'es comme déjà au top dans la catégorie badass.

AMG because

je m'en fou du nombre des pedales
Son
torque
look & feel badass
MB>>>>>BMW cote interieur
son
son
son

That depends. Having owned both it all comes down to your needs and wants.

AMG:
Best daily driver there is.
The E55 I have now is extremely comfortable, torque is retarded (560wtq...) and gas mileage on highway trips is pretty decent. And it just looks so damn good.

M:
A more balanced, all-around Sports car.
The E60 just felt special. It was so easy to get sideways and control. Gas mileage was horrible. Beast on the top end. Sound was out of this world. It just didn't make the best daily (No low end torque, burnt oil and gas like crazy, SMG was meh...)

Mind you I'm comparing just 1 model from each line-up. But I'll say it again.... AMG = Best daily. M = Best all-around sports car. Audi RS = Mixture of both + Quattro for Canadia...

Which would I choose? That depends on the model...

Here is why it's unlikely I'll ever own a Mercedes. The dinky gear shifter is such a piss off I'd never get over it. This is from a GLE350d coupe I tested last week. Similarly the C63 AMG S I drove came equipped with one and is just as frustrating not just for operating the vehicle but there is nowhere to rest your hands while driving either. Is it silly to discount all the engineering, blood, sweat, tears, money and everything else that went into making these glorious machines because of a shifter? YES lol. Details matter.

http://www.montrealracing.com/wp/en/wp/2015/09/2015-mercedes-benz-amg-c63-a-beast-among-us/

gle350d_25.jpg

c63_22.jpg

c63_03.jpg

c63_12.jpg

Here is why it's unlikely I'll ever own a Mercedes. The dinky gear shifter is such a piss off I'd never get over it. This is from a GLE350d coupe I tested last week. Similarly the C63 AMG S I drove came equipped with one and is just as frustrating not just for operating the vehicle but there is nowhere to rest your hands while driving either. Is it silly to discount all the engineering, blood, sweat, tears, money and everything else that went into making these glorious machines because of a shifter? YES lol. Details matter.

http://montrealracing.com/images2/gle350d_25.jpg
http://www.montrealracing.com/wp/wp-content/gallery/0915-c63/c63_22.jpg

On the interior design - I feel like MB has done a really poor job at integrating the lcd screen. looks like they forgot about it during the design phase and then stuck a screen on there. oops - we forgot!

On the other hand, the AMG GT is the shit. Look at this perfection!!! If only they'd do something similar across the whole lineup!

salon457.jpg

salon455.jpg

Back