Who's in the military?

terribleone

Out of curiosity, who's in the military? What you're doing? Went overseas?

I meeted a lot of car guy who used to be in the army so that's why I'm wondering if we have any of them on the board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny that you should mention it, there is deffinatly a relation between being a car guy and the military. Out of the 650 employees at my old job, there are very few people to whom i can have a real gearhead conversation with... But during my basic training, half of the platoon has pretty good knowledge about cars.

Funny that you should mention it, there is deffinatly a relation between being a car guy and the military. Out of the 650 employees at my old job, there are very few people to whom i can have a real gearhead conversation with... But during my basic training, half of the platoon has pretty good knowledge about cars.
Fuck you and all that car non sense. Who likes cars anyway?

Hi.

Corporal Supply Tech here, enlisted in 2006, did my basic at Valcartier, trade course at Borden. Spend 7 years with 25 CFSD at Longue-Pointe, Mtl.
1 eight months long tour in Afghanistan in 2010, Roto 9, Task Force 1-10 with the NSE from Petawawa.
Posted to Esquimalt, Victoria in march 2014, worked at 443 SQN for a few months and then was moved on to HMCS Winnipeg, currently deployed on a 8 month sail.

How do you like your career? Deployement must be hard for the family?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you like your career? Deployement must be hard for the family?

Career has its ups and downs like anything else really. I am part of the army but my trade gives me the opportunity to work pretty much anywhere, hence why I'm on a ship right now. I came to realise, even if it gave me the chance to go around the world, I hate sailing haha. So this deployment, wich is coming to an end soon (thank God!) felt waaaay longer then my tour in Afghanistan, even though both were around 8 months long.

Family wise, I'm recently divorced (not army related) with no kids (I'm only 28) but I know it was harder for my mom, brother ansd sister when I was in Afghanistan than this sail is. The whole war zone thing back then haha.

Also living in BC now, while my family is still in Qc, when bad stuff happens (and fuck more then once this past year), it hits me harder since we so far appart. Part of the job.

I could go on and on lol and I'm only ten years in, not even half my contract.

Back