Where do you change your oil? Cars 2008 and newer!!

Who changes your oil

• I do it myself

Votes: 37 49.3%
  • Dealership and pay

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Dealership but included in my plan

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Quick change station (Jiffy lube, Penzoil)

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • General garage (local, canadian tire, gas station)

Votes: 16 21.3%

• Total voters
for my GF's 2010 Lancer, I go to the garage around the corner, I don't really care honestly.

L'été je les fais moi-même et l'hiver je vais au garage du coin.

Je n'ai pas de garage à la maison. :(

I used to do it myself on my other cars, but Lexus charges 79.95$ for oil change including the synthetic oil and the filter, If I buy the oil myself I come to like 65$ plus 5$ for the filter so 80$ is a pretty good price imho.

That's what they pretend to do for 80$:

Replace engine oil and filter Remove and inspect air filter element Inspect cabin air filter Lubricate locks, latches and hinges Inspect coolant, brake and washer fluid levels Inspect drive belts Inspect lights, horn and wipers for proper function Road tes

Myself in my gravel driveway, or at work on a hoist.

I get a lot of satisfaction out of changing my oil. It's like a shower after good sex, you know?

Note: I also get my oil and filter cheaper through work than if I went somewhere to do it. And I'm super anal about my car even if it's "just" a BRZ. I know what's going on since I do a quick inspection at the same time. There are some people Like Gregster that I would trust no problem though.

Pour l'instant, j'ai rien dans mon garage, donc on fait faire les changements d'huile au dealer.

L'an prochain ce sera moi qui les fera.

I used to do it myself on my other cars, but Lexus charges 79.95$ for oil change including the synthetic oil and the filter, If I buy the oil myself I come to like 65$ plus 5$ for the filter so 80$ is a pretty good price imho.

That's what they pretend to do for 80$:

Replace engine oil and filter Remove and inspect air filter element Inspect cabin air filter Lubricate locks, latches and hinges Inspect coolant, brake and washer fluid levels Inspect drive belts Inspect lights, horn and wipers for proper function Road tes

Damn. That's actually a pretty good deal for a synthetic oil change. Previous dealer I worked at charged $17.60 for an oil change, plus oil and filter.

Penzoil dans mon coin, il y a un pit il jack meme pas l'auto. Le temps d'aller payer et c'est terminé.

The one near me is surly as shit and rough on my car. So even though it's a few mins further and it takes 15 minutes more, I go to Midas.

Quand j'ai du temps a perdre, directe chez Audi, sinon, pas l'temps de niaiser chez Penzoil. Car je reste toujours assez agréable surpris quand je vais chez Audi et qu'au bout de 2h je dois aller faire ma face de WTF 2h pour un changement d'huile.

Myself in my garage and keep all bills for warranty safety

Send from 6s

faite attention avec cela....pour Hyundai si tu achete tout toi meme meme si tu garde tes facture ca va pas passer pour garantie....been there even with my GF Hyundai when motor blow up ask Hyundai canada for their advice (did the same with Mitsubishi) au final j'ai du demander des facture a mon chum qui a un garage pour faire valoir ma ganrentie sinon j'allais en cour/mise en demeure/ tralala

en résumé ca doit être un garage enregistré.....dealer ou pas pas d'importance...ils mon répondu qu'il on été déjà en cour pour ce type de réclamation blah blah....

tu peut prouver de ton bord avec analyse de l'huile mais tu te lance dans le gros processus longtemps

en résumé, sous garantie = dealer (comme ca pas besoin gérer facture et tout) dans leur système tout inscrit
hors garantie = je fais toute moi même sinon garage pas cher du coin si j'ai vraiment pas le temps

during the summer, i do the DD and the Corvette by myself in my garage.

In the winter, the vette sleeps in the garage so I do the DD oil change at the dealer.

Sous garantie j'allais au dealer ou vers la fin chez jiffy-lub

Maintenant la garantie fini j'achete mon stock et je vais chez Dex

no more warranty on any of them => Corner garage for 35$ tax in. Or 15$ if I bring my own oil (they provide filter and labor). Seriously, at these prices there is no point in doing it myself + no garage.

no more warranty on any of them => Corner garage for 35$ tax in. Or 15$ if I bring my own oil (they provide filter and labor). Seriously, at these prices there is no point in doing it myself + no garage.

35$ tax in ?

Do they use canola oil ? Seems pretty cheap...

don't know where you go lexus, but i wanna know lol.

They charge me 40+tx for mineral oil oil change at monsieur muffler

Back