News: C'est une fois un gars des États...

Kileak

Legacy Member
qui s'achète une GTR du Québec...

Le gars raconte qu'il s'est entendu avec le concessionaire sur le prix d'achat, a payé un dépot sur l'auto d'au dessus de 2000$, a maintenant transféré l'argent pour l'auto, mais le concessionaire demande plus, vu que le taux de change aurait changé entre le temps qu'il envoie le chèque et qu'ils l'empochent...

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/44tl54/purchased_nissan_gtr_from_canadian_dealership/

Une p'tite recherche vite et ça donne ce qui semblerait être le plus probablement celle-ci l'auto en question (à vendre depuis un bout, et encore affichée semblerait):

http://www.occasionbeaucage.com/en/inventory/used/vehicle/2013/nissan/gt-r/premium/4730327

Qu'est-ce qu'il peut faire s'il la veut vraiment à part envoyer plus d'argent :S

Ça pue l'imbécilité typique du gars derrière le comptoir à vendeux de char qui a checké le taux de change sur Google pour s'entendre sur un prix et qui a ensuite réalisé en déposant le chèque que la banque aime bien s'en prendre une bonne cut quand tu veux lui échanger de la bonne argent pour notre sac de plastique recyclé Canadien, et qui là va perdre sa job parce que le char est probablement vendu pour une couple de milles de moins qu'ils avaient prévu...

Honestly just get your money back and move on. Why do you want to continue dealing with them? The dealer should have factored in the currency fluctuation. I want to here from 73vette

Honestly just get your money back and move on. Why do you want to continue dealing with them? The dealer should have factored in the currency fluctuation. I want to here from 73vette

This is exactly what he should do. Shady dealings by a salesman and worst, his manager, changing prices after an agreement's been made and the money's been all sent? F** that, take it all back and let them keep it until they scam someone else with it.

Also, as a side note, the guy never mentioned the dealership or the exact car, I quickly searched the internets for a 2013 Nissan GTR in Sherbrooke and that's the only one up for sale. Just pointing out I have no idea if that's the exact car he's talking about, even though the odds are high, but seeing as it's now listed on MR frontpage as news, I wouldn't want Beaucage coming back at us saying we're diffamationing their already horrible name lol.

Dealer would have had book a USD forward contract upon receipt of the deposit in order to protect his exchange rate, which in turn would have protected him against market fluctuations. Although, the dealer probably doesn't have treasury access at his bank. Therefor he should have simply accepted Canadian Funds, leaving the buyer to be subject to the market volatility.

Didnt read the whole story but if they have an agreed price in USD then the dealer is just being greedy fuck. If they agreed on a CAD price, well the buyer should pay in CAD

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It's fairly simple: from reddit

Just hire a lawyer.
I am a lawyer and contracts are involved - you will not get a correct answer from anyone who hasn't read all the contracts and knows the law. That's the bottom line, no bullshit.
Now, lawyers are only expensive when you litigate. That gets expensive in a hurry. What isn't expensive is hiring a lawyer to send a threatening letter.
So get that threatening letter off to the dealership.
Here's what will happen. The threatening letter will be sent straight to the dealer's lawyer. That always happens. Any time a letter comes in threatening litigation it goes straight to the lawyers.
The dealership's lawyer will demand copies of all the agreements and will read them over. Then the lawyer will meet with the dealership. The lawyer will be straight up about whether the dealership is in the wrong and the lawyer will also lay out the costs of each option. The costs of litigation will make them cringe.
My gut tells me that you will probably have your money refunded, as that will be the least expensive way out. Still, you don't want them holding your money and not giving you anything. Contact a lawyer in the morning.

Groupe Beaucage... Tu t'attends à quoi d'une compagnie qui vole le logo d'une marque d'écouteur au lieu de payer un graphiste pour s'en faire un original...

Si ils ont encaissé sont chèque, messemble qu'il vont se faire fourrer pour y en retourner un en US avec le taux de change en ce moment.

Groupe Beaucage... Tu t'attends à quoi d'une compagnie qui vole le logo d'une marque d'écouteur au lieu de payer un graphiste pour s'en faire un original...

Si ils ont encaissé sont chèque, messemble qu'il vont se faire fourrer pour y en retourner un en US avec le taux de change en ce moment.

Mind blown.... wow

J'ai eu une reponse de la concessionaire. Seems like the buyer might not be totally forthcoming.

Details in a little while.

I removed the email (because it was a private correspondence) I'll re-write and put it into an article. Was not really fair to have posted it.

J'ai eu une reponse de la concessionaire. Seems like the buyer might not be totally forthcoming.

Details in a little while.

MR investigating going on there! Did you also message the guy on Reddit to get more of it?

If you got a response from the Occasion Beaucage, that pretty much confirms it's the car in question. And although I have had my differences in the past with Beaucage, just like any other dealer, it would be unfair to bash them without getting their side of the story. The buyer may not be giving the full of it, or perhaps they're truly in the wrong.

As others have said in one of the cross posts to legal on Reddit, if they cashed in the check, that became legally binding yes, but it doesn't make them owe him the car, they just owe him exactly what he paid them.

I removed the email (because it was a private correspondence) I'll re-write and put it into an article. Was not really fair to have posted it.
I read the e-mail before you removed it. Seems like it was written by a 16 years old ti-coune

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Update from original Reddit post:

Thanks Fab! Looking forward to our talk. For everyone wondering here, the dealership called me this morning telling me i needed to pay them "$5000" or they would return all my money. I suspect that if they return my money they are going to try to return it in CAD, not USD, which would not be fair. I just want an ethical/fair deal and i want the car. The email was sent to me by their company clearly agreeing SPECIFICALLY to a price in USD, not CAD.

Back