Audi S4 | my new whip | Detailed

cobrAAA

Shop Representative
The word has spread already. Waxxon bought himself a new ride ; a B8.5 2013 Audi S4. The car was bought CPO from a dealership in Montreal. It appears I got a good deal out of this car because it was in ''rough'' shape and came with 90 000 kms. Feel free t talk about the car if you wish, but for now I will focus on the detailing.

So obviously, a detailer like me who take prides in his detailing skill can't drive around in such a nice car knowing it's in rough shape !! A detailing had to be done although winter is coming. To be honest, I rarely do more than a 1-step if I know the car is going to be daily driven in winter condition because the finish will be damaged over time and the owner won't have the times to enjoy is freshly polished look. However, for me, this is not a problem, I can always polish my car twice a year if I wish too ! :)

So keeping that in mind, winter is here, I only performed a 2-step polish. there's still scratches on the car, but at least there's no swirls and on being a highway driven car, i should almost be better by repaint, at minimum, the bumper so no need to go over-crazy with it.

So it took a while to complete but with some good refreshment, it's fun and relaxing ! :)

Process:
2-step and ( 3 step on hood and roof)
Complete interior detail with nano protection on both leather/dash trim and carpet
( no need for engine shampoo they already did it before leaving the dealer)
Nano coating protection on paint
Nano coating on metal/trim exterior
Polishing of windows + Aquapel
Nano coating on both set of wheels + long lasting tire shine on the winter tires

each little nano coating bottle serves a different purpose ;
( oh and yes.. i did nano coat my key set LOL!!)

Interior got a complete carpet clean with extractor, just like I would always do but then I went with the extra final step by adding cquartz fiber nano protection to the carpet and all fabric material ;

Everywhere I could find carpet, got it.

Detailing is about the slight detail right ? well those carbon fiber insert are clear coated and were slightly scratched so I wanted to fix that issue and then nano coat it in hope that it will resist better against future scratches ;

Like any car really... the cluster is always scratched, so I also polished that with my 2-step method on the CF insert ;

P.S: I won't go over the leather, but it was cleaned also and protected with the nano coating for leather/fabric.

I also polished any clear coated material like the S4 on the shifter and such... small detail :) It's my car, i can do it haha.

then I was left with only one thing about the interior and it was the door sill! I took my Rupes 3 inch air tool with some smaller 2.5 inch pad, I wish I had the smaller 1 inch or even 2 inch Rupes tool, but oh well, i managed to get the job well done !

Then... It was time to go over the exterior ;

the exhaust pipe were nasty ; I polished it by hand and then nano coated with carpro dlux ;

dirty hands can't lie !! it was a mess lol

Dirty door handle and stupid sticker that needs to go ;

Those glossy door pillar, they do look good... but they get swirled quickly ! All good now ;)

Before/after on paint before application of the nano coating ;

I then finished the job by polishing the glasses and applying dlux on the trim and aluminum insert ;

Final result : On winter wheels, I never had such a good looking in winter form before lol

and interior daylight pic ;

Pour une question de polissage réalisé à montreal.. alexandre.lemay @ hec . ca

For more info regarding this polishing job, detailing , done in the greater Montreal , please contact me at alexandre.lemay @ hec . ca

Congrats on the S4 Alex. This generation is my fave. Manual is such a joy to drive.

Where did you get Finest from? Thought you were kick out of the program. Please don't tell me you put in CQ classic or UK on empty bottles of Finest.

Anyways, car looks sick and btw Finest on plastics is awesome. way better than Dlux in my experience.

Plans on chipping the car? Mods?

Last edited:
Many Finest users put the remains on wheels, plastics and such. Yep great tool to play with.

Tu devrais mettre un petit vidéo des tapis passé au Fabric avec un peu d'eau dessus. Peu de gens demande ce produit là, mais ça facilite tellement l'entretien de l'intérieur.

Many Finest users put the remains on wheels, plastics and such. Yep great tool to play with.

Tu devrais mettre un petit vidéo des tapis passé au Fabric avec un peu d'eau dessus. Peu de gens demande ce produit là, mais ça facilite tellement l'entretien de l'intérieur.

J'ai un vidéo sur un toit convertible de Gallardo 560-4 avec fabric ;) Been there done that haha !

Congrats on the S4 Alex. This generation is my fave. Manual is such a joy to drive.

Where did you get Finest from? Thought you were kick out of the program. Please don't tell me you put in CQ classic or UK on empty bottles of Finest.

Anyways, car looks sick and btw Finest on plastics is awesome. way better than Dlux in my experience.

Plans on chipping the car? Mods?

À part me faire passer pour un menteur et un crosseur pour ensuite d'une façon hypocrite me demander quelles sont mes mods sur mon auto ( comme si t'en avais quelques choses à cirer ( get it lol ?) de mon auto), je ne vois aucunement la pertinence de ton message et l'utilité de te prouver quoi qu'il en soit.

À part me faire passer pour un menteur et un crosseur pour ensuite d'une façon hypocrite me demander quelles sont mes mods sur mon auto ( comme si t'en avais quelques choses à cirer ( get it lol ?) de mon auto), je ne vois aucunement la pertinence de ton message et l'utilité de te prouver quoi qu'il en soit.

Let me just smile and nod buddy. =)

Back