2017 Canadian Grand Prix to be dropped

I don't even give a flying fuck anymore.

I haven't watched F1 in ages, Bernie's antics make me want to puke, good riddance.

EDIT: it's going to Mosport, I'll bet.

I really like having F1 come each year tho. Its not like theyll leave for one year, well fix it and theyll come back. The chance of them coming back if they move to another track is almost zero. We need to get our shit together.

I really like having F1 come each year tho. Its not like theyll leave for one year, well fix it and theyll come back. The chance of them coming back if they move to another track is almost zero. We need to get our shit together.

Joe Saward raised an interesting point yesterday in his latest post. He says Ecclestone is contracted by the teams to host at least 50% of the races in Europe and/or in the Americas. This year we are at 11/21 with the fake European Grand Prix held in Baku which means if the rumor was true, the teams would need to approve the removal of Canada unless it gets replaced by another western circuit (which seem to be unlikely). However the teams will race wherever Bernie and CVC tells them to race.

BRB spening 700k on park art work, 1 million gazebo and 10 million on bridge lights. Go Joe Quimby!

As far as I am concerned Montreal broke the terms of the contract

This will be devastating for small business that really enjoy the large influx of tourists every year. Its them i feel the most sad for

This will be devastating for small business that really enjoy the large influx of tourists every year. Its them i feel the most sad for

To be honest the restos and places dt are just as busy as a regular weekend. What helps is having a low $$$ GP aside the last 2 years in Montreal have been insane tourism wise. I have friends in the resto business and they said they don't rely on GP weekend to "make" the summer.

To be honest the restos and places dt are just as busy as a regular weekend. What helps is having a low $$$ GP aside the last 2 years in Montreal have been insane tourism wise. I have friends in the resto business and they said they don't rely on GP weekend to "make" the summer.

I see. Still surely the extra revenue the city brings in during GP is enough to justify fixing the track. Certainly more than sculptures and lights on the bridge lol.

Les gens qui s'occupe des réno au GP sont tellement innocent. Quebec like. Prometre tel rénovation pour tel date et finir 5 ans plus tard.

I see. Still surely the extra revenue the city brings in during GP is enough to justify fixing the track. Certainly more than sculptures and lights on the bridge lol.

While I criticized that report a few months ago when you actually look into it.. its rather correct. The race is attended by mostly locals that would have spent the money locally anyways, I know my spending habits during the weekend would have been the exactly same. However at the same time it's a great event to promote the city, someone watching elsewhere on the planet might think "Hey I want to visit there" and will come. So yes spending the 40 million to make X over Y years is worth the investment. People talk always talk about visiting during the GP, they aren't coming here for lights on a bridge.. Bernie has been patient with the track and the city always says "next year" fuck at least hire a planner, cobble together some drawings and a model....

It's a very touchy subject...

yep, i said that months ago, the math never added up right in terms of economics for the F1

I still like the racing, and the atmosphere, but you can get that in any city that hosts big events. TIFF in Toronto, bunch of stuff in NYC, all relatively close by. Same atmosphere, and as a tourist you can enjoy it way more. Ya it costs a bit more money, but it's not going to break your bank account

Besides, montreal screwed up, broke the agreement. Why spend even more money we don't have at this point

Montreal should focus on bringing a whole range of other events instead. Formula E is a good start. Revive the moribund film fest. I don't know, there's lots of stuff out there to bring here and make people want to visit

Jacques Cartier. (je pense)

Pas victoria c'est sur :D
C'est stupide car mtl va déjà avoir son "icône" avec le pont Champlain, pas besoin d'essayer de faire la compétition entre les ponts.

Ça me ferait de la peine de perdre le grand prix pour la vitrine internationale que ça donne!!

le monde sait ou montreal se situe. La F1 n'amene rien sur ce point

De toute facon, les gens parles tous de toronto ou vancouver. Montreal avec la F1 n'entre pas dans la majorite des conversations quand on parle de grande ville du monde, ou meme du canada. Alors... pas une grande perte, cette vitrine

The Vancouver Hipsters won't allow F1 there. Toronto would have similar issues

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

le monde sait ou montreal se situe. La F1 n'amene rien sur ce point

De toute facon, les gens parles tous de toronto ou vancouver. Montreal avec la F1 n'entre pas dans la majorite des conversations quand on parle de grande ville du monde, ou meme du canada. Alors... pas une grande perte, cette vitrine
Je ne suis pas d'accord. Mais chacun son opinion.

" Some placed called Alberta wants the GP?? Where's this place??? They got oil ? Oh, here we come " - Bernie

Sérieusement ça fait vraiment dur, au nombre de places qui se battent pour avoir le GP, les promoteurs auraient du être plus sérieux. Dommage.

Back