Time Capsule Tuning on hebdo.net : Civic 1991

I have to disagree, new cars are heavier, bigger and more electronics. those care were practically indestructible. And amazing on gas. even stronger in small impacts, new cars are so fragile, any contact and the bumper pops out of place.

They dont build them like they used to.

I'll give you the gas consumption, they were light cars with a decent engine - 1.5 I think - and made pretty good gas mileage when new.

But having a best friend in the 1990s with first one of those then a CRX I can testify they're good cars for the time, but the value simply isn't there for 9K.

5K would be more reasonable for a "toy" car that is not a daily driver and not convertible - obviously. Although I can see someone turning this into a pretty decent track car.

I'll give you the gas consumption, they were light cars with a decent engine - 1.5 I think - and made pretty good gas mileage when new.

But having a best friend in the 1990s with first one of those then a CRX I can testify they're good cars for the time, but the value simply isn't there for 9K.

5K would be more reasonable for a "toy" car that is not a daily driver and not convertible - obviously. Although I can see someone turning this into a pretty decent track car.

I had 91 crx bought in 1999 , 5000$, kept it 7 years and sold it 4k. only thing i ever changed was oil and brake pads, not bad for a 16 y.o car.

This civic in question has a Mugen body kit, rare as fuck and its very clean. Id say 9k is on the high side but not impossible.

1.6L SOHC BTW

I had 91 crx bought in 1999 , 5000$, kept it 7 years and sold it 4k. only thing i ever changed was oil and brake pads, not bad for a 16 y.o car.

This civic in question has a Mugen body kit, rare as fuck and its very clean. Id say 9k is on the high side but not impossible.

1.6L SOHC BTW

SOHC is good and reliable.

The 1.5 was 16v if I remember correctly and people used to say it was "like having a turbo."

I had a Capri RS turbo.

16v was NOT like having a turbo.

SOHC is good and reliable.

The 1.5 was 16v if I remember correctly and people used to say it was "like having a turbo."

I had a Capri RS turbo.

16v was NOT like having a turbo.

your mixing stuff up , that what people were saying about VTEC when it came out, EG 92 civic in Canada.

1.5L was the DX civic 70hp, the SI had a 1.6L 108hp

On a pratiquement eu aucun B16 ici à part la Del Sol SIR. Une chance que les swaps étaient faciles.

On a pratiquement eu aucun B16 ici à part la Del Sol SIR. Une chance que les swaps étaient faciles.

Sérieusement sur les Honda de 88 - 2000, quelqu'un avec un minimum de connaissance aurait pu swapper un série D/B là-dedans, ça m'a permis de me faire mes bases en mécanique pendant que je suivais mon DEP.

I don't know why but for some reason I'm starting to miss ricer stuff. Not that I like it or anything but I miss the tunning scene and modified car era. Ricers were a sign that there were people doing things to their cars. Nowadays the car scene sucks. All lease and you basically buy fast out of the factory. People don't do anything to cars anymore. =/

I don't know why but for some reason I'm starting to miss ricer stuff. Not that I like it or anything but I miss the tunning scene and modified car era. Ricers were a sign that there were people doing things to their cars. Nowadays the car scene sucks. All lease and you basically buy fast out of the factory. People don't do anything to cars anymore. =/

Younger people can't buy new fast, so I don't see why it would be dead now more than before.

Younger people can't buy new fast, so I don't see why it would be dead now more than before.

instead, they buy Bimmers, Lexus, old Merc and act like they're the king of shit. they don't buy cheap old reliable cars anymore, it's not cool.

Back