This Mystery Hyundai Could Be Even Better Than the Civic Type R ** HOPE NOT**

DDspec V

This Mystery Hyundai Could Be Even Better Than the Civic Type R

Hyundai has been caught testing a mid-engine version of its Veloster sports car, suggesting that this car might actually see production.

The Hyundai RM16 N Concept was rolled out earlier this year at the Busan Auto Show and before that, Hyundai built two other mid-engine Veloster concept cars, so the idea is certainly not new. This is the first time the car has actually been seen testing though, which makes it more likely that Hyundai is actually planning to build and sell some of these cars.

Originally, the RM concepts were unveiled to show exactly what Hyundai’s new N sports performance brand was capable of.

If the production version stays true to the concept, it will have a mid-mounted 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine putting out around 295 horsepower and 282 lb-ft of torque, send to the rear wheels through a six-speed manual transmission.

The RM15 Concept was said to have an aluminum spaceframe and plenty of carbon fiber, cutting 430 pounds off compared to the standard Veloster, bringing the weight down to just under 2,800 pounds.

Hyundai-Mid-Engine-Veloster-9.jpg

[url]http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2016/10/could-this-mystery-hyundai-be-even-better-than-the-civic-type-r-.html[/url]

What's your impression on this ?

Inb4 it's just a hyundai. I love where this company is going, and where they are at this moment. No doubt in my mind the car will be in production by 2018.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Hyundai a toujours des bonnes intentions, le problème est au niveau des résultats...toujours décevant. J'espère que cet exercice sera une exception.

Envoyé de mon SM-G935W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

I needs a chip to be fast. Its ok for a stock car but nothing to go ape behind the wheel

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Bon bon bon....une autre calèche de dieu...

Ça me fait penser à la Genesis qui était supposé être supérieur aux autres v8...

Bref, reste à voir comment ce modèle va être mais au moins Hyundai ont le courage d'essayer d'autres choses

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

genesis coupe was cut for 2017 and we get this?

I guess CVT and FWD will get it's way to production... instead of the original layout

Based on the supposed specs, this would be the first Hyundai to ever get me excited. Mid-engined, 295hp 6 speed weighing 2800lbs? Sounds great, but like Twon said, we'll see if they can deliver.

But why so much hate?
It's a sports car ! And pretty fast for me.

Parce que souvent les chauffeurs de véloster c'est du monde qui connaissant arien aux chars. Tu peut tellement avoir mieux pour le prix ...

exemple ?

même prix qu'une genesis de base = nissan 370z

même prix qu'un veloster turbo = vw gti 2 portes

Back