Montreal 560SEC on Petrolicious

Nice car!

This pic looks like he's taking his first driving lesson. "Now remember junior, 10 and 2"

560sec-10-2000x1333.jpg

" But in general I think that Montreal’s not really a car city. It’s not like California or something. Among my friends I’ve got pretty crazy cred. Even among the little car community here that knows it because there’s not many of them. There’s certainly not many people that are going to those extreme levels to pick a car"

Really? Wow.... I guess he doesn't spend that much time here

I noticed that too, but let's face it...compared to California, MTL does not have a scene. Some of the reasons why are obvious. Frozen half the year, 3rd world roads, etc...

Nope, not a fan of the car. Not a fan of the Ibiza key chain, and not a true statement that MTL doesn't have a car scene.

I noticed that too, but let's face it...compared to California, MTL does not have a scene. Some of the reasons why are obvious. Frozen half the year, 3rd world roads, etc...

Yea but in getting to keep older cars like that is a COMPLETE pain in the ass. That is prob why he has it plated here... While me might not have nice weather all year round we do have that passion. I've traveled enough and yea you do see nice cars from time to time but not really compared to here... Our scene is great

Yea but in getting to keep older cars like that is a COMPLETE pain in the ass. That is prob why he has it plated here... While me might not have nice weather all year round we do have that passion. I've traveled enough and yea you do see nice cars from time to time but not really compared to here... Our scene is great

True. Everything considered; wages are lower, taxes are higher, gas is more expensive, our roads are complete sh!t, terrible infrastructure, continuous construction and traffic, and 6 months of snow, ice and salt, and SJW lesbian hipster cyclists slowly killing the car in this city...

...all that, and you still see more nice cars here (in general) than most other places. I think that says a lot.

True. Everything considered; wages are lower, taxes are higher, gas is more expensive, our roads are complete sh!t, terrible infrastructure, continuous construction and traffic, and 6 months of snow, ice and salt, and SJW lesbian hipster cyclists slowly killing the car in this city...

...all that, and you still see more nice cars here (in general) than most other places. I think that says a lot.

People crap on Montreal but any other legacy city has the same issues....

Gorgeous car!

And seriously, a lot of people don't have a clue about 560sec Amg's, 500e's, everyone know c63, g55 AMG BRO AMG BRO! M3 M5!
It's shocking than even in car enthousiasts, few know what an E55 is, blown or not. It's not a 63 so it's not worth a second glimpse lol.

I really love that car. In the 80's that car screamed more money than a ferrari/porsche

Gorgeous car!

And seriously, a lot of people don't have a clue about 560sec Amg's, 500e's, everyone know c63, g55 AMG BRO AMG BRO! M3 M5!
It's shocking than even in car enthousiasts, few know what an E55 is, blown or not. It's not a 63 so it's not worth a second glimpse lol.

I really love that car. In the 80's that car screamed more money than a ferrari/porsche

I know enough to know that they didn't make these with a manual tranny (500e at least), therefore, no need to know more.

Really? Not sure about that...

I found a source that says the original price on one of those was about $200,000 USD. That's a lot of paper today, let alone back in mid- to late 80's. Not sure how reliable that source is though.

AMG used to be a totally aftermarket tuning company, so having a finished car from Mercedes being sent to AMG to have it modified would be far more expensive than building them in-house.

Gorgeous car!

Oh yes, for sure, the Merc wins hands down. Seriously, more money than two 80's legends: Ferrari 288 GTO and Porsche 959??? What do you think is worth more these days???

You know what screamed more money in the 80's than this Merc, Microsoft stock.

Really? Not sure about that...
Oh yes...

I know enough to know that they didn't make these with a manual tranny (500e at least), therefore, no need to know more.
Who the hell cares about your trannies?

I found a source that says the original price on one of those was about $200,000 USD. That's a lot of paper today, let alone back in mid- to late 80's. Not sure how reliable that source is though.

AMG used to be a totally aftermarket tuning company, so having a finished car from Mercedes being sent to AMG to have it modified would be far more expensive than building them in-house.
AMG was quite another ball game back in those days

Oh yes, for sure, the Merc wins hands down. Seriously, more money than two 80's legends: Ferrari 288 GTO and Porsche 959??? What do you think is worth more these days???

You know what screamed more money in the 80's than this Merc, Microsoft stock.
You are comparing to uber rare cars, why not add a EB110 while you're up on your horse.

Screaming more money doesn't mean it's worth more, it was a very exclusif car for a boss as an all year enjoyable and performant car to drive. Maybe in your 20's or 30's you'd feel awesome driving your 959 to work everyday: I wouldn't. I'm pretty sure that someone who wanted a coupe that could pack 4 whores wouldn't go for a 288 or a 959, unless you were a rich as Sheik and ferrari just made a custom sedan for you.

Anyway, to be quite honest, i i were given a 288, a 959 or a 560sec amg, I'm not allowed to sell it, I have to drive it and maintain it: I'd go for the 560sec. At least i can wrench on it myself, have a comfy reliable car that won't cost me 11900$ for an oil change and plugs.

Back