Road Test: 2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR Sedan

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
I've always thought the Altima was among the nicest of the sedans in its class. I had the pleasure of having a rental Altima for a month and I loved it.

http://www.autoguide.com/manufacturer/nissan/2010-nissan-altima-35-sr-sedan-1323.html

0410altima.jpg

Now in its fourth generation, with nearly 3.2 million units sold worldwide, Nissan’s ‘bread and butter’ Altima has some pretty stiff competition from the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry (the only mid-size sedans in the U.S. marketplace that outsell the Altima). The top-of-the-line 3.5 SR V6-powered Altima has always differentiated itself by offering plenty of performance and standard equipment at a price point significantly lower than a comparably equipped V6 Accord or Camry. The question is, will the mid-cycle refresh Nissan has given the Altima for 2010 be enough for it to continue its strong run as a value leader in its class?

The Altima in general, and the 270-hp V6 equipped 3.5 SR model in particular, inhabits a somewhat unique space within its class. That’s because Nissan has positioned it far enough below the V6 Camry and Accord in price that it’s able to attract value-minded customers looking for a well-appointed mid-size sedan with some V6 get-up-and-go. They’ve also positioned the Maxima slightly above the V6 Camry and Accord with respect to performance, luxury and price. So rather than attempting to compete head-to-head with the two best selling cars in America, Nissan has found a good home for its two most important vehicles at either end of the mid-size sedan spectrum.

read more...

I preferred the 3rd generation Altima over the current generation. I'm not too big a fan of how they chopped the taillights. The Altima Coupe, however, is a completely different story!

altimacoupe_02_1280.jpg

Toyota Camry XLE V6 Navi - 44 455.82 ; 740.93/mois (0%)
Honda Accord EX-L V6 Navi - 42 826.67; 732.41/mois (0.9%)
Mazda 6 GT-V6 Navi - 46 431.86 ; 773.86/mois (0%)

Nissan Altima 3.5 SR Leather+tech - 45 729.05; 779.71/mois (0.9%)

Why does the article say it's much cheaper than the Camry or Accord?

And BTW, the Altima 3.5 sedan is CVT only, no more manual. Only the Coupe has the manual available.

altima se-r = one of my dream car (L)!! This one still kicks ass!! Love the new altimas looks but prefered the 3rd gen also!!

J'avais une 4 cylindre 2010 en location, CVT ... OUASHE
L'auto est bien trop grosse, fuckin plate a conduire, feeling de bateau, la transmission CVT = mort assuré, l'intérieur est cheezy et cheap ..

En gros, si tu as 50 ans et plus et aucune personnalité, aucun desir de conduite ... voici la voiture que tu cherches !

J'avais une 4 cylindre 2010 en location, CVT ... OUASHE
L'auto est bien trop grosse, fuckin plate a conduire, feeling de bateau, la transmission CVT = mort assuré, l'intérieur est cheezy et cheap ..

En gros, si tu as 50 ans et plus et aucune personnalité, aucun desir de conduite ... voici la voiture que tu cherches !

Lol i had a rental Sentra wth CVT its the worst transmission ever. Also what the hell is wrong with the 2.0 engine? it sounds just awful. Everything was uber cheap inside and out.
Altima is better, but really still not up to par.

I preferred the 3rd generation Altima over the current generation. I'm not too big a fan of how they chopped the taillights. The Altima Coupe, however, is a completely different story!

Telle d'accord ! La coupé serait le genre de voiture que j'aimerais avoir personnellement ! :bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back