News: Lauzon destroys Lamborghini - Case resolved

Looks like someone woke up and took the Facebook page comments down, anyone make a screencap of it or something?

I didn't get a screen cap but when I posted there were only a handful and when I checked 12 hours later they had 30+ comments and I imagine more than that when they finally deleted them.

I didn't get a screen cap but when I posted there were only a handful and when I checked 12 hours later they had 30+ comments and I imagine more than that when they finally deleted them.

do you think Lauzon has a twiter account?

time to search and destroy

http://www.ecolelauzon.ca/

entete_3.jpg
entete_4.jpg
entete_5.jpg

=
500x_1010lambo1.jpg

Grigio Lynx! That's a nice one, one of my favourite colours. Interior's a bit bland but I like the white piping on the SEs. Shame there's so few manuals.

Unfortunately the import situation on these cars is a bit tricky. RIV tells you to get it approved by Lambo Canada. Lambo Canada tells you "no".

Grigio Lynx! That's a nice one, one of my favourite colours. Interior's a bit bland but I like the white piping on the SEs. Shame there's so few manuals.

Unfortunately the import situation on these cars is a bit tricky. RIV tells you to get it approved by Lambo Canada. Lambo Canada tells you "no".

Please elaborate. This is the first I've heard of someone having to contact the manufacturer of a vehicle before importing one. Sounds a bit fishy to me.

Please elaborate. This is the first I've heard of someone having to contact the manufacturer of a vehicle before importing one. Sounds a bit fishy to me.

I'll go ahead since this is in no way related to Lauzon...

Ya it's definitely weird. From what I understand because Lambo was never really in the black until the last few years they never had the money to set up a dealer network in Canada and the dealerships here are managed by a distributor and not "Automobili Lamborghini".

Now these people seem to have convinced transport canada that US cars are in some way drastically different than Canadian cars (reality is the daytime running lights, odometer, and even F/C temperatures on the cruise control are a software setting and the US cars have MPH in addition to KPH on the speedo) and that only they are qualified to assess what's needed to bring a car into compliance (a software setting or $6 relay from Canadian Tire). It's the only brand I know of that has this kind of clause with the RIV.

They told the RIV that customers need to come see them, and then they tell the customer a flat "no, it's impossible to import them. But feel free to buy one of ours at only twice the price."

From the RIV website:
screenshot20101201at913.png

It's a similar problem with importing Ducati's from the US as well.

The RIV requires that you obtain a recall clearance letter. It is provided by the manufacturer via an authorized dealership, US or Canadian. In the case of a Ducati, it's a 500$ piece of paper. Not a typo, five-hundred bucks.
It appears Ducati NA enjoys being a prick and will not deliver said clearance letters to bikes less than 2 year old. Gotta love protectionism.
On the other hand, some people have successfully print-screened the "no outstanding recalls" with VIN (from the service computer at the local Ducati dealer), and put on official authorized dealership letterhead. Free, but you need to be buddies with someone working there.
Don't even think of forging the damn thing because you want a 2009 bike... The RIV says they regularly send said clearance letters to Ducati NA for a legitimacy check. Wouldn't be fun to have your bike crushed 3 years later.

Sorry for the threadjack gvan. Back on topic...

Ya. The RIV actually says they'll accept a screenshot for recall clearance. They do randomly check to see if it's legitimate.

For the Lambos it's possible to work your way around the RIV if you know how. The problem is that they've pressured US dealers to not issue recall clearances.

LOOOOL i went on Lauzon automobile facebook page... The comments are hilarious dont stop puttin presure!!!!!

Lauzon FB Page.

"Porsche. Des véhicules incomparables.

Et à notre concession, vous retrouverez un service tout aussi incomparable.

Si vous recherchez la qualité, l'innovation et l'exclusivité, Porsche est la marque pour vous.

Alors lorsque vient le temps d'acheter ou de faire entretenir votre véhicule Porsche, confiez-la-nous. Nos professionnels aux ventes certifiés, nos techniciens hautement qualifiés et notre fidèle engagement envers la satisfaction de nos clients nous démarquent de la concurrence.

Il va sans dire que nous sommes également fiers de vendre et d'assurer le service après-vente des véhicules de l'une des marques les plus convoitées en Amérique du Nord : Porsche.

Nous vous souhaitons la bienvenue et nous espérons que votre visite, qu'elle soit virtuelle ou en personne, vous comblera.

Ne tardez pas à nous rendre visite"

nos techniciens hautement qualifiés et notre fidèle engagement envers la satisfaction de nos clients nous démarquent de la concurrence.

:jack:

Do want to "tone it down" but reading this was so ironic that I had to post the BS.

Danny, yes and no. The original buyer has signed an agreement "not to export" the car, but I do not know how this is transmitted to subsequent owners.

Certain higher price tagged car brands have you sign this to be able to purchase the car.

would be interesting to know how many new members this thread as added to the MR community?

Well, you can count me in as a new member because of this thread. The Old Dog is a senior member of AudiWorld who jumped over to support Greg_van in whatever way helps resolve this issue for him.

I am already very impressed with the friendship and support provided thus far to Greg-van from within MR and beyond. Audi Lauzon definetly barked up the wrong tree.

It's a similar problem with importing Ducati's from the US as well.

The RIV requires that you obtain a recall clearance letter. It is provided by the manufacturer via an authorized dealership, US or Canadian. In the case of a Ducati, it's a 500$ piece of paper. Not a typo, five-hundred bucks.
It appears Ducati NA enjoys being a prick and will not deliver said clearance letters to bikes less than 2 year old. Gotta love protectionism.
On the other hand, some people have successfully print-screened the "no outstanding recalls" with VIN (from the service computer at the local Ducati dealer), and put on official authorized dealership letterhead. Free, but you need to be buddies with someone working there.
Don't even think of forging the damn thing because you want a 2009 bike... The RIV says they regularly send said clearance letters to Ducati NA for a legitimacy check. Wouldn't be fun to have your bike crushed 3 years later.

Sorry for the threadjack gvan. Back on topic...

It's not just like that for Ducatz (italian lol) and expensive cars, it was like that for my bimmer too.
When i imported, i had to have the recall clearance.
That took forever but good people at Canbec (read very awesome Darren Auger) were there to help. Then after the car was *almost legit, BMW Canada and customs had me sign a document stating that i basically cannot sell the imported car nor export again for at least 5 years if memory serves me right.
There is a conformity sticker in the car with the "importer" information. It makes you feel like when you were a kid and mommy stuck your name on all of your belongings.

Try getting this story on Autoblog or Jalopnik. They always have stories of dealerships destroying customer cars and then refusing to pay.

Back