News: Lauzon destroys Lamborghini - Case resolved

Please elaborate. This is the first I've heard of someone having to contact the manufacturer of a vehicle before importing one. Sounds a bit fishy to me.

Yes it might be true...

2 ways of doing that:

1st: the recall clearance letter that have to be provided by manufacturer...
may be overcome by getting it in USA

2nd: Transport Canada don't test the cars....they rely on automakers info...and if Manufacturers says it doesn't meet Canadian regulations they don't double check they take it as granted...

Smaller make like Lambo..easier to achieve...

LOL lauzon fb page changed the landing page of the wall to the our dealership page.. what they dont know, is that at the bottom, you can write reviews

Try getting this story on Autoblog or Jalopnik. They always have stories of dealerships destroying customer cars and then refusing to pay.

It's made it on Jalop twice now, that's how I first learned of the story and subsequently came here to show my support. I submitted Greg's update to their tips section in the hopes that should anything pan out from this 24 hour ceasefire and negotiation, they can run an update. edit: And Lauzon can possibly save what's left of their reputation, in case anyone from the dealership is reading this. hint hint.

http://jalopnik.com/5701493/owner-of-lambo-wrecked-by-dealer-still-fighting

http://jalopnik.com/5670646/mechanic-crashes-lamborghini-on-test-drive-owner-fights-back

edit: I submitted the story so far to Autoblog as well, just in case.

Speaking of which, anything you're allowed to tell us regarding the update Greg?

do you think Lauzon has a twiter account?

time to search and destroy

As I said on the facebook comments (before they were all deleted, lol. I have a screen cap of that if anyone wants it), if it's been requested to stand down, I think we should search and stand by on the destroy part until we hear word back. I don't believe they would, but you never know anymore. God I hate twitter.

would be interesting to know how many new members this thread as added to the MR community?

Count me in!

Last edited:
Good luck with this problem Greg.
I hope you get what you're asking for in return for a couple T-shirts for free ;)

Missiles ready

us_missile_shield.jpg

NO NO!!! , NOW WE ARE READY !!!:D

Tank_Patrol.jpg

Mais quel Imbécile le gars qui a Conduit la Lambo... Je crois, selon moi, que ca serait mieux de contacter JE ou La FACTURE à cause de leur influence médiatique ou Sinon de Contacter le Journal ou TVA ou V pour que ca passe à la Télévision. Apart cela , il reste la poursuite judiciaire !

I'm going to go out on a limb and say an agreement is almost in place. The suits are making some final tweaks from what I hear. I stopped by Lauzon earlier on my way home from work to say hi to Francis and the brass were all in a meeting, maybe about this.

Might be over by the end of the day. Interestingly, weather today reminds me a lot of the day of the accident.

^^ Best of luck Greg, lets hope they come to their senses and compensate you like they should. It can only get worse for them the more they delay!

To everyone that followed my story with Porsche Lauzon, thanks for the support. The matter has been settled and I have been completely compensated for the damages on my car. It appears that the delays to settle the matter were caused by the insurers, but Porsche Lauzon decided to indemnify me before their insurer even contributed in order to preserve their reputation of excellence.

À tous ceux qui ont suivi mon histoire avec Porsche Lauzon, merci de votre support. La situation a été réglée et j’ai été totalement dédommagé pour les dommages causés à ma voiture. Il semble que les délais pour régler la situation ont été causés par les assureurs, mais Porsche Lauzon a décidé de me dédommager avant même que leur assureur contribue dans le but de préserver leur réputation d’excellence.

WOW... That's great news!!
I'm really glad for you Greg!

Are you repairing the car or replacing it?

excellent news.
The pressure was on for them to make it right.

Too bad they took so long and left you in the dark.

Free rides for all those who showed their support in this thread... :D

The above also implies "STOP THE HATE!" if you know what I mean.

And for sure on the rides. Too bad repairs will take a while. I'll have the winter tires standing by!

Back