TDI swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

V33DUB

Legacy Member
It may sounds weird but I'm thinking about swapping a TDI in a A2. I wanna know of it's doable or not. So far I know that TDI from Jetta 3 (no TDI in Golf 3 just plain TD) are easier to swap because they aren't drive-by-wire. Is DBW swappable too? The ultimate goal behind this is to get a sleeper with ~150hp and ~300lbs-ft will maintaining 40mpg. Do you guys know a place or someone who already did that kinda swap? Do you think that it will be fast?

I've read the thread on tdiclub.com and I'm now confused. That swap seems to be very difficult to do when you compare to a VR6 swap. ECU, intercooler, drive-by-wire gave them (RPI) some bad times.

Rainnman what kind of problem did you face when doing that swap and how you solved them?

its a difficult swap in the sence that the shop next door won't be able to do it. But for my tech's ( who where the first to do DBW swaps) its not walk in the park bu a task taken seriously and firmly. what I'm saying is time, when you know what your doing and you take the right time, it all fall into place. Thats all. Its not a swap for the faint at heart!

How much time it can take to do if everything works fine? Once chipped with .205 injectors would you consider it as a good setup that worth the time and $$ invested in it.

Yes you can do it. A friend of mine did it in a 92 Jetta. It was really nice to drive because of all the torque.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back