How Hard Is A Datsun 240/silvia Swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigberth

Legacy Member
Is It Possible To Put A S13,s14 Into A Datsun.im Wondering Because Im Thinking Of Buying A Datsun But First I Want To Know What Im Geting My Self Into.if Anyone Knows Cauld You Let Me Know.thanks.

see u dont quite know what u are getting urself into
there is about 100 different datsun models so specify what a 240Z? a datsun Deluxe, Datsun 510 what?

in a 240Z its not easy expect about 3000$ worth just in labor.

It's gonna cost you a shit LOAD OF MONEY remeber the car used to came with carbs so NO EXISTENT wiring of anything you can think for efi and the mounts the tranny ............. It's one hell of a job .... But hey i got a car for you my s13 coupe with sr20 wating for you over 15k invested!!!!! If your interested mail me.

Gold coupe said:
It's gonna cost you a shit LOAD OF MONEY remeber the car used to came with carbs so NO EXISTENT wiring of anything you can think for efi and the mounts the tranny ............. It's one hell of a job .... But hey i got a car for you my s13 coupe with sr20 wating for you over 15k invested!!!!! If your interested mail me.

you will invest as much money dropping a sr in a 240z if you were dropping an RB.
JF, dont sell the Coupe :cry: :cry: its a ****in sweet car!!!!!!!! its worth 30000$ to me!!! that car is priceless, i hope 2 see you driving it this summer :bigup:

It'll cost much less to swap a small-block chevy in it and it has been done, so you'll have somekind of reference.

EngFrtLft1v.jpg

1quarter_without_panelsv.jpg

This is a 327 small-block bored to 400.
Based on Desktop Dyno 2000, 490 lbft @ 4500 rpm, 480 hp @ 5500 rpm. If I get 85% of that, I'll be more than satisfied!

thanks guys,it would be a 1972 240,but if its too much of a problem i might just go for a newer 240.thanks again

s13

Gold coupe said:
how much would you be looking for,because i have a friend thats looking for 240 with a sr20 already in it.can you pm me back with some info................thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back