Attn. Golf or GTI drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Youngstarintheciv

Quick Q
Do y'all drive ur more or less stock golfs or gti's in the winter?
Where do u draw the line between able to drive in the winter and strictly a summer car. I know it's physically possible but I'm curious if u guys do it or not
Karim

I drive mine in the winter... it's fun.

I draw the line at beeing able to afford just one car. When I can afford a 2nd one, I'll put the GTI away for the winter. It helps if you've got a garage too.

Daso is ur car lowered or does it have a bodykit
what kinda of mods do u have?

When you drive an 1984 GTI that is known to be rust proned, and youve completely restored it you dont drive it in the winter. Oh yeah, and not having a motor in the car kinda slows yah down as well!:D

not lowered yet. I'm doing that this comming spring. 1.2 to 1.5" lowering will do it for me. I'm still gonna us it during winter even with the drop. I've got a couple of my friends riding with such a drop even in winter and they say it goes well. just stay away from streets that havn't been cleared and you're fine.

I will not be driving my GTI this winter. I have to do some work on the engine, so the car will be stored in my garage. Even if I didn't have repairs to do I would still store it. I can borrow my brother's car occasionally in the winter.

I'm very interested in fianacing the new 2002 VR6 GTI. And I think if I lower it and but some bolt ons that I would not drive it in the winter. I mean it's not gonna kill me to take the bus around for a couple months. I mean sI-Iit where is the snow?
Karim

Why not? When my bro bought his 1999 GTI VR6 he didnt drive it in winter. It adds to the value of the car and it also saves the undercarriage/body from being exposed to all that $hit on our roads in the winter. ex:SALT!!

True True
another question is there a bad side to financing a car?
Anybody have any experience?
Thanks
Karim

Look me man i'm a bit crazy, i drove my car all winter long last year droped and on 18", here a picture.
Jetta2.jpg

well if you've got the cash to blow on two cars, then put it away. I can't so I don't...

Jap, did you have any troubles getting stuck ?

not really, but for sure i didn't jump in the snow i stay in the streets.

in aprill 2000 I had put on my mags with low profiles and we got @#%$ loads of wet snow over night . every one driving down my street was getting stuck . As for me i dug a little and the just rocked it a little and was out no problemo.

I would feel a little bit sad for the car.
I dont want my baby to get a little snow on its shoes.
j/k
Karim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back