Why always try to re-invent the 4 holes button ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleBen's

When talking about big power at Nissan, to me, there should not be other option but sr20de (t).

What about you ?

well there other option but just like honda if u have the cash u can do all kinds of swaps ex:the maxima 2000'..the new supecharged exterra or the pathfinder all good swap but r they possible

do you know what your talking about ? hmm CA18det if you like high reving but still maintains the nice torque curve of the SR (believe it or not from an engineering point of view the ca is WAY more advanced than an SR just not exploited well enough) SR is nice yes. but what about RB series???? ever think of those engine making sometime 1xxx HP #?? vg30dett. same thing they can make 600+! HP without so much trouble.

sspiley

Yes, there are bigger better engines.

Reason people buy SR20DET's is because they are DAMN solid.

- 400hp on stock internals.
- Easy to get
- Fairly cheap
- Bolt on to transmissions of 240sx, G20, 200sx SE-R, SEntra SE, NX2000.

The other engines, dont all fit right, too much workd to be done, tranny doesnt bolt, less parts available and cost way more to swap it in period.

so yes I agree, ca18det = nice, skyline engine is nice for sure.
But in most cases, SR20DET can give you more power for less money.

the vg30dett isnt hard to put in. just need custom driveshaft, hood and other little annoying things like tranny mounts. skyline engine is a bit harder but can be done with a little time. ca18det for those who buy this engine they dont want 400hp monsters they want high reving. and yes those engines can make 400hp stock (except for ca18det im sure honda had something to do with it hahahaha)

My point still stands.

Cost and availability.
Plus more people know the SR's.

And the CA being a good engine series for sure, is no where as strong as the SR whatever you might think.

There are very few engines in all of history who where overbuilt like the SR.

500hp crankshaft for one.

Originally posted by SpIcEz

There are very few engines in all of history who where overbuilt like the SR.

The SR was conceived for the Primera aka G20 to be used on the Autobahn. I spent about 2 weks on the Autobahn(in an Opel Vectra), and at times I was going 190 km/h for long periods of time !!

what about the ka24de? why does no one talk about it. i mean the iron block must be strong as fart. not sure about internalls though.

Because, its a low reving truck engine.
Parts for SR20's are still more readily available and cheaper.
And you can get the RWD turbo engines from japan all ready to go.

Its all about availability , ease of installation, cost etc...

The KA is not a weak engine, its supposed to be very strong too.
But its not the same.

The SR20 is high reving enough, you can get it up to 8000rpm with right cams/ECU/valve springs.

The KA24 is good too. It can be pushed to +400hp with some work and knowledge. :bigup:
The block is solid but the internals have to be upgraded to get such figures.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back