ka24de question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter Steve

Legacy Member
ive done my research, as always, and turned up a blank. on the note of CAMSHAFTS, i have read that putting the 1991 camshafts into the 1995 engine will yield good results, however i also read an article on 240sx.org which said the following

I have been tipped off that you can take the cams from the Altima KA and put them in the 240 KA. The duration is longer on the Altima cams than the 240. An easy 22Hp gain with direct bolt on. Find a wrecked Altima to get them from.

Sorry guys if I was miss leading before, Take the Intake cam from a Altima which is 248 Degrees and a exhaust cam from a 93 240SX which is 248 Degrees and replace the cams of the 95-96 240Sx SE wich are 232 degrees. This can be done with no more mods depending on the milage of your motor.

obviously it would not be a 22hp gain, howevere, will the altima cams fit into the 240sx engine without any problems?

could i use both altima cams, or do i have to use a 1991 240sx cam?

Same engine... Should fit.
Exhaust cam from the before 94 KA24DE has a longer duration than the obd2 ka.

Don't have the exact specs though :(

Even if they have 10 more duration and a little more lift... I don't know how much gain that could give alone. Anybody willing ot fill us in?

K in order tu use a 91 cam in a 92 + DOHC ka use have to repin the back end. they fit but still some machining to do. dont just drop in. the altima cams are NOT the same as the "hot cams" from the 91 ka. that cam is mainly used for turbo apps. on N/A motor its not worth it in my opinion for the gains

yup just the exhaust... cuz you end up using the exhaust cams on both sides. Meaning one is already a ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back