BMW engine swaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

H.O.T. CRX

my friend has a e30 2.5e and we were discussing the possiblity of an engine swap. is it hard to do an engine swap in bimmers? are the engine mounts the same for all the inline 6's? what about for an e36. say i bought a 318 and i wanted to put a 535 engine in it. would this even work? had anyone done this or know if u can do it?

or am i just living in lala honda swap land?

BMW Engine swaps are EXPENSIVE. We aren't talking about honda or acura cars which are cheap here. A BMW engine costs around 10 grand in some cases. Transplants are possible... I've seen a 318ti with an M3 engine. I also saw an E36 with a 540 V8 Engine... But that's mucho dineros.... :)

actually not at all

the price im getting is good

besides why would i want a m3?
its the same body as mine except with different engine,
yes better suspension different seats

but all of that as been changed

and besides a m3's have rediculous resail value ,,, they are way too expensive for what u get

im talking about the e36

transplante are not for everybody depends what you want to do, and yes 540 fit in E36 but then you ll have weight probleme in the froun unless you find a 98 and up engine which are aliminuim, and dont forget in has to be manuel, because the wiring aint the same... so good luck.

are there places that sell bmw engines? used. would you consider getting it out of a car that was totalled? like from the scrapyard. or are you saying that the engine from the scrapyard would probably run you 10g?

i think it would be cool to do what bmw318i wants to do. buy an inexpensive 318 or 320 and then swap in something like the 2.8 or 540 engine. 540 is a 4.4 if i'm not mistaken?

if you plan on keeping the car for a long time, it's worth it. i don't know anyone who swaps an engine into their car and then sell it a year later..

shit je savais vraiment pas qune 540 fitait dans une e36!:eek: jai tj penser que cétait un peu trop gros et trop lourd et oui les nouvelles 540 sont 4.4 mais les autres je suis pas sure good luck:bigup:

X5 engine would fit too I think.... don't they have more torque also since they are from the SUV? Just like honda CRV engine has more torque than integra engine.. and they are both 1.8 litres.

this year there comming out with a x5 4.6
they decided not to bdge it a M

but it is the m of the x5

imagine put a baby like this in a e36

i know the 850 would fit too with a few modifications

je crois il y aurait trop de poids en avant dans une e36 si tu met un 850

le handling serait affecter aussi

you are all getting ahead of yoursleves.

to give you an idea to do the swap of a 540 in E36, Dinan will carge you 12-15k US. Over that you ll have weight problemes unless it s a 98 and up. Over that it has to be manuel.

You have to do major body modification also to fit it, you have to move your suspension, you have to add 2 radiators, you have to change your water thank.... balkablablaallabalba i have done many research and it is very hard to do..

Your best bet is to get an old M5 engine which are 6cyl, that will fit, but with modification alsom but less than the 540.

if you want more info let me know, i have the full procedure to fit a 540.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back