Please not the stealership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankenstein VW

Legacy Member
The key barrel for my ignition keeps sticking and I have to get it replaced. Is this a big job an how much $ are we talking about.

Does it have to be done by the stealership or can anybody handle it.

any suggestions

you can do it yourself.
do you have a bentley? it's makes it a ****load
easier. you have to drill out the old cylinder and
the new one just pops right in. the only thing is
that you have to drill in the *exact* spot. i know
that's how it works on A1 chassis cars, not sure
about the other ones. i think it's the same concept...

Good chance that it's the same on his car because it's like than on my Passat too. Drilling out and if you don't mind using some force hammer and screwdrive can work well. If you want I can post you the procedure.

NO none of the above. All you have to do is remove the whole ignition switch from the steering collum and change it. Come at my scrap yard and I'll show you how to do it and I'll even sell you a barrell with a new key.

Just dont go drill out the barrell and @#%$, I think that's much harder than just changing the whole ignition switch as a whole. That's just my advice.

Just call me at work today between 1 and 5 pm and ask for Hugo. The number is (450) 348-9817 and I'll check on the computer at work to make sure whe have it in stock (almost certain whe have it but just to make sure so you don't come for nothing) and I'll also be able to give you the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back