Aight Mk1GTIt...just u and me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkawim

Legacy Member
Hey man...so your the expert around here hunh???

Anywais...u know my problem...u know wut i want!!!

Corrado...G60 or VR6 depending on witch is better...
I want it to be fast and very reliable!!!
I want it to be my baby...ill take care of that car as it my life depended on it....but for that it has to be a jem!!!

Anywais so wut would u suggest me...
Witch one should i buy?...wut year??
Wut mods should i do (im talking engine wise...the rest i can figure out)...wut will be the outcome...u know....the works!!!!

Anywais thx for any info u can give me....

Karim

Ps:wuts your car look like???

If reliability is the main thing yer looking for scratch the turbo idea. With a turbo you always run the risk of getting greedy and turning up the boost too much, then KABOOM, youve got fist sized holes in yer block! If you wanna just run the car and not have to worry about anything other then changing the oil stick with the VR6. However, if you want all out power and the best bang fer your buck go turbo. Heres what you need to convert a g60 using Digifant injection to turbo.

*1 T3 turbo
*one downpipe
*one exhaust manifold
*tapped oil pan
*oil feed/return lines
*one remapped chip
*free flow exhaust system
*porsche 944 FPR(fuel pressure regulator)
*Ford Aerostar fuel injectors(they flow more fuel, I dont know the exact part Number)

You can get all these parts EXCEPT the injectore at vwturbo.com I suggest you read up about turboing before you invest, it might not be the thing for you. Also I wouldnt recommend installing all this without making sure yer block/head are 100% Theres no point in investing a ton of money in an engine thats gonna burn oil and leak coolant. If yer gonna do it do it right!:D

GoodLuck!

Thanks man...

So if i do take the turbo idea???
For all those parts you mentionned and installing and all....wut kinda $$$ would i be looking at???

And as for the reliability problem...if i tweak the turbo and keep it at a safe power level i can run it as hard as i want right???

No risk in blowing a turbo unless u get greedy...righ??

Like when turbo's blow its cause drivers make em too big or too powerfullright???... a reasonable turbo/car package doesent present any danger does it???

as usual you guyz are great,
Karim

Id say to get just the turbo system yer looking at about 2k, the you gotta install it, which isnt that hard. If yer engine needs a rebuild it can vary between 1200-2000 depending on if you need new pistons(like I did):)

Id say for a completely rebuilt motor with turbo kit yer looking to spend approximately 5000, but at least you have the piece of mind that yer engine is really strong. Keep in mind though, rebuilding yer engine isnt necessary if yer getting good compression numbers.

Also, the chances that yer turbo will break because of too much boost before yer block/head is rare. When turning up the boost you have to worry about damaging the engine, not the turbo. As long as you have the proper fueling and dont go completely crazy on the boost(more than 15psi) you should be fine. The reason why I say 15psi is not because the engine is weak, far from it. Its becasue of management system. The MAP sensor can only read up to 14.7psi so any higher than 15psi and youll be getting the wrong fuel mixture.(lean!! :O)

Im no expert, Ive just done my research. check out www.vwvortex.com that place has tons of info!

Bull @#%$ your no expert!!!

Thats a @#%$ talent you got there... how old are you anywais??

Look if the car is in good condition..right???...say it was a show car or something (or if the guy left it in his garage) and i buy the G60 for between 8 to 10K's...

No chance in me having to change the engine b4 right??
Im probably not gonna buy a Corrado with 150 000km under the hood...

Something around 50 000 would be sweet...

Or is it automatically because i got the turbo that i have to modify the engine (or tune it or wutever)???

And a turbo with 15 Psi...does that get me going that fast???
Like id really like it around 225Hp or maybe a tad more....

Hey man...no stress or anything but maybe youll help me out find this dream car of mine...

I mean..we cant live very far away can we???
Neways...just a thought!!

Thx for everthing and any other info i invite with open arms!!

Karim

Ps:Ummm....im alwais on VWVORTEX and i still dont know all the @#%$ you do...

Btw...u wanna learn alot...??

www.howstuffworks.com

Trust me its pretty wicked!!!

Yeah how stuff works is cool....With 15psi youll have a perma smile, I guarantee it! The guy to talk to on the Vortex is MrKrad...hes the MESSIAH of g60 turbos, plus he has his own shop and makes his own chips, very cool! When you goto buy a car get a compression test and a leakdown test done. Ill keep my eye open for some Corrados, but I cant guarantee that Ill go with you to check it out, Im no mechanic. :)

Aight thanks man...ill see if i cant seek him out!!!

And dont worry about it...b4 i buy the car im gonna get it checked from A to Z without letting anything in between pass unnotted!!!

Anywais...every day im more exited about this project!!

Damn i want that car!!!!

Karim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back