2002 Z22 suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViSoR

Legacy Member
Hi,

I might be getting a 2002 Z22 2 dr. cavalier because of an unrefusable offer. I would like to know what kind of springs to put on to drop approx. 1,6 to 1,8 inches and if you guys recommend changings the shocks as well ?

and what are the prices ?

I'm new to the domestic market so help me out here :)

I know Eibach make springs for this model but who else, shocks, coilovers (ground control, skunk2) ??

Oh yeah, what is the bolt patern for that car ?

thanx :bigup:

i don't know the bolt partern but i know you can get a set of coils for about 400$ that will drop about 1.8 inch...remenber that it will go furter down(about 2 inch) when they are settle.it's always better to get a nice set of shocks to go whit (mantapart,KYB makes them) but it would be "ok" to get a drop of about 1.7 to 2.0 inch on stock shocks.
for parts you should check www.mantapart.com or www.rksport.com
MARC r

Hey ViSoR , i'd suggest you drop the car 2" but change your shocks at the same time,i droped my car 1.5" last summer and my shocks held up for about 2 months,after that the ride got really bad.For shocks i'd suggest KYB GR2's.

And the bolt pattern is 5x100

By the way i own a '97 Cavalier RS

i slammed my 1996 Z24 4 inches in front and 5 inches in the back with Coil overs and i kept the GM stuts on and within less then a month they were finished. I have since then raised the car but still no $$$$$$$$$ for new stuts so if anyone is selling any please PM me A.S.A.P!!!!!!!!!. Your KYB's in front alone will run you about $450-$475.

Where did you get that price ?

That ain't too bad, so around 1000$ for springs and shocks, plus installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back