Not open for further replies.
lemme see here.

16v 1992
HP 134 @ 5,800
Torque 133 @ 4,400

GTi 8v 1992
105hp @ ?
110 Torque@ ?

1.8 mono-motronic - 90 @ 3750 RPM (Canada Only)
GTi 2.0 Crossflow- 115 @ 5200 RPM
No VR's that year, right?

oh yeah man, you'll never freak out
when you hear a VW's stock power output.

but the 16v GTi moves nice. even thought it's a 134
hp, the car isn't that heavy and it has a nice powerband
with no flat spots.

i don't know what the story is, they never
made anything SICK fast (awaiting the v6 4motion
this year)

I really like the new vr6 though.

I'm interested in 92 to 94 golfs cuz they don't cost that much and look really nice. I'm thinking of saving up for one. But 134hp really doesn't seem a lot...

sure it doesn't seem a lot, compared to all the
new cars today. every sports car is 200hp +!!
but it's a whole different scene. depends how much cash you have to spend. if you got it, go for a VR! i love 16v's, but that's just me. i chose this motor to work with because there are a lot of upgrades for it and is very capable of reaching 250+ hp.

the fastest VW in the world is a 2L 16v Turbo. 700+ hp.
it's on a tube frame with a corrado body. pulled a 7.81 @171 mph!

oh yeah, one of these days i'll get that. and it'll still be a
street car!!
:)

@#%$ thats fast! I'm looking at the 92 and 94 GTI's. I've seen em for 4000$ to 5600$.

I think i'm gonna get one of those. Do you know of any website that has specs for these cars?

you're best of getting VR6 or at least a 16v. don't
get an 8v. you won't be happy with it. the vr6 is fast enough out of the box. there's a lot you can do with an 8v, but you'll
never get it as fast as you want.

Hey. Does anybody know what year and model this golf is?
mk2grischarcoal2.jpg

Hey Pshyco.
That's not a FWD is it (the 7sec Corrado)? I have never heard/seen anything about this car. Is it from Europe?

Hey bassACE,
Let me put it into perspective; a light car with 120hp can have the exact same pickup as a heavy car with 175hp. So don't only look at horsepower.
And besides the GTI 16V does 0-100km/h in 7.8 seconds (stock)
Not to mention that it has a lot of potential upgrades

I heard the fastest Dub was a 8V Corrado tubed....but that's me...I was told it was a 8V and not a 16V...

if you can get your hands an a A3 for 5000$ like you said, get it, havn't seen too many GTI's at that price, regular Golfs no.

and no, no VR6's in 94. 1st one was in 95, OBD I. 96 VR was an OBD II, not the best year...the next year was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back