fit speakers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadRunner

Legacy Member
Hi,

I just received some boston comps and the woofer is too deep... but only by 1/4inch... is there some spacers I could buy to make them fit?? if yes where can I find them??

tx for answering!

RoadRunner

Have you considered making your own? All you really need to do is cut out a ring, and mount it to where your going to mount the speaker. Make sure you seal it well. use some 1/2" or 3/4" MDF just to make sure you clear that 1/4". Paint it, and spray a sealant over the paint to keep it from chipping, then glue it to the door panel. Then just mount your speaker into the ring. It's very simple if you have the right tools (which I dont :D). Going shopping soon though. Otherwise, if you wan't you could have some custom enclosures built. I wouldn't mind doing them for you, but as I said I'm missing some tools. And with a custom mount, you can have it sealed in the back of the enclosure for the speaker, thus giving you better low-mid response.

well I don't have the tools either... thats why I thought of buying those rings somewhere instead...

tx anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back