10.20..fastest fwd VW in the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kacey

www.handlerwheels.com
Tom Christomeris from SEM ( strictly European motors) with his mk3 golf cl broke the record for fastest FWD VW this weekend! 10.20@135mph

Not to mention the fact that this car is CANADIAN

Congrats to him and hopefully there will be a Vw in the 9's next year!

08.jpg

09.jpg

66.jpg

And here's pics of an All motor 8v Coraddo that ran a 12.90 the same day!
11.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

That 8v motor is incredible! Theres nothing I love more than an all motor 8v thats goes like the stink! Very cool!

Congrats to the owner of that sweet Turbo Golf, Hell probably be pushing into the 9's next summer.....

Yeah..that was the first day he had this engine! Each time he raced since, his times have been getting better! Yeeeehaa!

That Golf was insane at San-air this summer. While all the other non-VW guys were fixing their cars, this guy just kept on lining-up and racing !!! This guy is really helping change the image people have of VW's...
That Corrado has the same oil filter as I do, so why isn't my car that fast ???? :lol:

Damn that's pretty damn impressive. 12.9 for that corrado is pretty sick. Anyone got any specs on these boys?

TK I am going to name my kid Tom so he too can go fast! !

Well that's not bad but it's far from what the fastest Honda is running (8.40s at 174 mph, Stephan Papadakis) and the fastest all motor Honda is running 10.71 but it's still impressive. I think that VW are going to be there more and more next year. I hope so anyways because I'm sick of seeing only Hondas all the time. Those guys have figures out a fast setup (gsr, forged internals, turbo with lots of boost) but it would be nice to see something different run. What do you guys think???

White zomby...both those cars you mentioned are HIGLY sponsored and have been in development for years!

The vw is just some guy who wanted to be the fastest!
Papadakis's car doesn't even look like a honda anymore!

newcar.jpg

index_24.jpg

I remember seeing some years ago an alcohol powered old Beetle that did 9.xx in the quarter mile. I know I know it's RWD. Some VWs are as fast as Honda and people forget about the old Beetle. I've seen somewhere a dragster powered by a VW turbo engine that was quite fast too.

Yes dub I've seen that dragster also, I think it's powered by a VR6 or something right??? I know what you meen about the bugs but there running V8 so that doesn't really count, Papadakis is running a Prelude engine but it is true that the only Honda thing on that car is the badge on the grill

The lude engine he has in the new civic is turned sideways like the S2000 motor. Quite a piece of engineering that car is.

Well let`s not forget that the CORRADO up there is quite heavy compared to a civic!!!I think if you put that 8v in a civic he will probably be running in the 11`s probably better...
I would also like to see a highly sponsored VW in tha strip..untill then best of luck for the everyday boys that have been doing a good job with their DUB`S in the 1/4 mille!!

Strictly are a bunch of great guys who work really hard at waht they do. The best, or most impressive part is that they have NO corporate sponsors: ie. no big money! Imagine whan they get some big backing and have the cash to do what they want with it!
Turbo VR6's sound really cool...

In the late 70's early 80's Techtonics helped the Pizzo Brothers develop a turbocharged 8v engine that produced over 500hp and was able to propel their dragster down the 1/4 in about 9 seconds.

The fact remains that nowdays theres just more stuff for Hondas then there is for VW's.The good thing is that with all these guys making their own turbo kits/hop up parts, its only a matter of time before someone starts selling.

True jay. look, a year ago, there were barely any aftermarket parts for a 1.8T...a few months later, the boost controllers came out, intakes, chips.....bla bla bla...

All you need is someone that's handy in a machine shop to design and patten products...like aftermarket honda companies did..volkswagen just hasn'T gotten too popular yet in the hardcore dragging scene....sorry, the WATERCOOLED dragging scene..

Lets not forget that Volks have been racing/dragging LONG before Honda. The only reason why Honda has the edge over VW now is cause Hondas have always been cheaper to purchase. What happens when youve got lots of people who buy cheap cars that wanna go fast? They produce cheap performance parts...and thus the Honda legacy was born....:D

I predict that next summer will be a major turning point in the Honda/VW battles.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back