Dodge Charger question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

94Rolla

Legacy Member
I've grown more and more interested lately in muscle cars from the 60's and early 70's. I have just one question....
Some muscle cars come with this big "thing" sticking out from the hood. Like the black charger in the Fast and Furious.
Does anyone know what I'm talking about? What is it? What does it do? I've been trying to find some info on it, but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks

Here's an example:

imgres

Well this think your talking about is call a Supercharger, a supercharge is a device mouth between the air filter and the carburator, I compress the incoming air in the motor, and it's driven by a belt. And It's make more power because more air is incomming in the engine. With a supercharger would get boost the engine overall performance by 35% to up to 200 %. Sorry the english, I am a little frenchy.

I understand perfectly!
I know alot about turbos and superchargers, but I never saw one that sticks out of the hood like that...

Thanks for the info!!!

What Z28383 said is also right but in the movie....i think in the movie on top their's a intake(with the 3 TB) and below the S/C?????
I might be confuse!!!!!

Umm I may be out of my leauge here... but isn't that a blower? basicly a compression of the air in a hood mounted "external ram-air" system (for lack of a better decription) and not a SC?

FYI, they are illigal here in canada, anything sticking above the hood is, unless you have a casing attached to it.

first, a blower and a supercharger are the same thing. the order it is install is : motor, intake manifold, supercharger(blower), carburetor ans ait filter.

btw, no stock muscle car came with supercharger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back