5.0 in a miata

Status
Not open for further replies.

alx21

Legacy Member
i heard about some guys putting a mustang 5l engine in the little miata, do you guys have any information about it, if it's dificult to do and what kind of performances can you expect out of this setup?

I heard it's possible to do it also in a 323, but honnestly, the weight, and everything come with this motor, ouff...forget that.

too heavy, also it's a propulsion so you have to mod a little bit your rear end car.

better to stay with your mx-6 and put a nice turbo inside :eek:)

i dont have any info bout this but i've seen a 5.0L in a miata..it was baby blue... i think the car would handle like shit... a weight change like that in a real light car... :confused:

maybe it's possible but a turbo/supercharger install would be more appropriate.
a 5L is a kinda heavy thing in a lil miata

a 5.0l in a miata will add about 250 pounds... It's not that bad for the difference in performance.

And it also move the weight balance from 50-50 to something like 53-47. Really not too much changes again.

But it's lot of work and kind of costy... count around 30k$ to do it the right way.

Its to put a Rover V8 in there but it will give you and Idea..

http://freespace.virgin.net/bob.carter/Mazda_mx5_V8.htm

This is about putting it in a 1st gen Rx-7 but the cost could be similar.

http://members.tripod.com/~grannys/1stgenrx7fordv8.html

30k is quite a riduculously high price to do the conversion, I belive that is the cost of the MONSTER miata project that was featured in the ??????? magasine, but they went full out and almost redid the whole car.

I'm shure that someone who is handy with a welder and knows his stuff can get the thing up and running for less than 2-3k (with stock ford/chevy parts)

Checkout V8Miata for the conversion kits to do this..

Personally, I swapped a 1800cc Miata engine into my car and Turbocharged it.. It rocks! and I don't have a V8 under the hood.. I lover surprising the C5s, RX7 and Honda's on the streets of Toronto.

salut

Jai vue une miata avec ce moteur dans le coin de laplaine

le gars ma dis ce qui coute le plus cher c de faire modifier le frame pour assire le moteur dessus renforcir et fiter les suport de moteur

apres ca c simple ya pas grand élétronique a faire comme un nouveau moteur turbo dans un auto qui ne létais pas avant . t-k a mon avis c dispendieux pour le nombre de hp que tu as avec ce moteur a place jmodifirais le moteur qui a deja dans la miata ca marche deja pas pire faut pas devenir fou non plus

I have seen 2 Monster Miata's, one in MTL, the other in Ottawa - the supercharged ones are insance, but they sound great while running. Interesting detail about the conversion, to make everything fit they have ot remove the power steering gear. They are essentially little death machines, but if you can keep tires on them, then they are incredible. A unique conversion, what a hot rod should be - something not everyone has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back