What are the exact difference between de wrx and the sti

Status
Not open for further replies.

[ShInGo]

Legacy Member
What are the exact difference between de wrx and the sti?

I wan't to know if the wrx could be a good buy or if it would be wiser to wait for a sti or an evo.

depend if you are willing to wait we dont know how much longer

the sti havent been confirmed for the us market, and it's not because it goes on sale in the us that it will cross the border

but is the sti really worth it, if it comes with all the goodies they get in europe on that car, yes

Overseas:

HP- 176@6400
Torque-275@4000

0-60 in 4.6seconds :bigup:

In US-CANADA, your guess is as good as mine :dunno:

I know that it's not geared the same, that STI engines are blueprinted(if it's not all, most of all).. humm what else.. well, it's a lot of little things that makes it more powerful.. there's something with the limited slip also that I'm not too sure of.. i've read about this long ago so I don't remember well.. Injectors are different...
I'll get informed about it and gert back to you! (what exactly are the diferences)

Annick

So it mean if I buy a wrx and swap a sti motor, I will still be far from a real sti.

When is the sti coming here and at what price.

Originally posted by tatan
So it mean if I buy a wrx and swap a sti motor, I will still be far from a real sti.

When is the sti coming here and at what price.

you will miss most of the goodies you fin in an sti

as for having the sti over here, still havent been confirmed, some say next springs sime time as the evo in the us, some say in 2004... lots of speculation, nothing official

price, should be somewhere around 40 000$

if it's only 40k, I will without a doubt get it, except if I can have my beloved lancer evo.

it's a hard choice, the boxer engine sound soo good to my hear, a couple of week ago, I sit down into a wrx and rev the engine. My god, this car is so great, but I still prefer the look of a evo. Anyway on performance side they are almost equal, the driver make the biggest difference.

By the way, if it's 40k, will it be exactly the same motor as the j-spec. If it's just a different chip, it dosent mather, or a few pieces.

nobody in america have an idea, except maybe some folks at subaru, of the real price, real performance, equipment and if it will come here at all

i trully hope it will come here, for the moment that's what im stoping at

if it come, i'll se if the price is right at that moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back