16v Questions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: www.nemesiscom.de

Man for sure I'm getting a Volks, I'm really sick of my Integra now and I don't want anything to do with Honda's anymore. Anybody, help me sell my Integra so I can buy a Volks and start my project this winter (commission if you find a buyer for me). I haven't had time to check all the site out but it's amazing and it's giving me alot of ideas of what I want. Now I need to start reading some VW rags so I can inform myself on everything there is to know on these cars because I know squat about VW. You have any other sites???

Well I'd like a 91 92 Golf 2 door or maybe older if I find a nice one. If I find a rabbit, I'd like on of those two but no Scirroco for me. Thanks for the sites, I'll check em all out. Maybe a 93 94 but there more expensive and I like the 91 92 (cheap and I could afford to modify more than a 93 94). So what do you recommend??? I'm thinking a nice 91 with VR6 swap and a nice lip spoiler (I've seen a couple with them and I like the way they look but don't know wich company makes them), Billstein shocks with some springs (dont know wich brand, recommondations), 2 1/4 inch exhaust and after that going to put some nice money in suspension work and eventually a turbo setup for the VR to get in the 12 or maybe 11s.

91 with a vr swap is great! Ask anyone who's owned one or even driven one..and they will tell you the same!

Do some research...! but your plan sounds good to me!

A2 VR6 are fast when driven correctly even though they may not handle like go-kart.

KC what about a GTG for test driving A2 VR6?

I'll have to take your work for it as I have never driven a VW before. Hey if I ever sell my car and find a VW would you be willing to come and see it with me, looks like you know your way around one and for sure you know more about them than I doo and it would be cool to have a expert VW guy there with me, so what do you say??? How fast are A2 with a swap??? I've seen them do low 15 and some high 14s but how fast would one be (stock, with aftermarket intake and exhaust) with good driver??

I'll come take a look with you if you want! But i don't know much about A2's!

An a2 vr6 golf should run mid 14's easily with a chip(1oo$), exhaust, and intake! with a good driver!

Well I might get a 91 Golf with a 2 litre 16 valves. I'll know by tonight but some guy is selling one and there's a guy that came to see my car on Saturday and gave me a deposit and is suppose to come pick it up this afternoon so if he comes to get the car this afternoon, I'll be getting my first VW tonight. I hope I get it. It looks real nice and clean and comes with a 2 litres 16 valves engine so it's got nice acceleration (till I can swap a VR in it anyways). I'll let you know if I get it. What do you think of this car, is It a good buy for 3000$. 91 Golf with 2 litre engine (has 133 000km with proof of milage) and special grill (I don't know wich one but only has one light on each side), has 2 litre side moldings and the rest is all stock. Runs like a champ and pulls real strong. What should I look out for???

nah man, keep that 16v! 16v's are the coolest motors
that VW has ever made. VR6 sounds the the best, no question and is fast too, but a 16v, for having 134 hp and no
virtually no flat spots in the powerband, is the biz too.

like vrsik said, chip and exhaust that sucka and you'll be blasting.

So if I get a nice chip and exhaust and intake, what kind of 1/4 mile times could I expect on street tires with good driver??? What chip should I get for this engine??? What brand and size exhaust??? What intake system??? I'm thinking of doing a ram air to (with some dryer hose and tie raps).

That's a great deal White,grab it while you can.
If the car is running fine..then the only thing to look out for would be rust!
16v are known to be very reliable.

Well I know the guy that's selling it real well (I work with him at the yard) so I know he wouldn't f*** me over. I saw it on Friday for the first time (he bought it as a winter car but baught a Impreza and wants to sell the Golf now) and he told me he would sell it to me for real cheap (so he could buy the parts he needs to fix the Impreza) so I was able to check everything out on the lift at work and was able to test the compression of the engine and did a leek down test on it also. The compression was nice and strong (I got 210, 215, 218, 210) wich I think is a little high for a stock engine. You wouldn't happen to have the stock compression figures this engine is suppose to put out would you??? Any ways the car runs real strong and runs real nice to so I'm probably going to buy it considering nothing major is wrong with the car. So what times should I expect on the 1/4 mile with good driver on street tires stock (it's stock right now) and how much with chip intake exhaust???

97civictyper had a gti 16v and ran a 14.89 totally stock with slicks! Sounds a little fast to me..but he swears it!!

Are you happier now?

Man that's fast. I wasn't expecting that at all. If I hit a 15.50 with it stock, I'll be very happy and if I hit low 15 with intake exhaust and a chip, I'll be even more happy. So what was the compression on those engines and does someone make a turbo kit for them??? How well do they react to nitrous???

Turbo kits are available, and I'm sure nos goes well as long as it's kept in sane terms!
There were 2 carbbed 16v's at the show this week! Did you see them?
Scp056.jpg

When PA16v comes along...I'm sure he could help you out...same with Psychotic16v!

Actually I never made it to the show, stuff just kept coming up so I never made it and it pissed me off to but next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back