Not open for further replies.

SpIcEz

2002 Golf GTI 1.8T
Horsepower: 180 hp @ 5500 rpm
Torque: 174 ft-lbs. @ 1950 rpm

2002 Golf GTI VR6
Horsepower: 174 hp @ 5800 rpm
Torque: 181 ft-lbs. @ 3200 rpm

Can any of you explain to me whats the point of a VR6 in the golf, if it gives you NO power gain ?

Probably the enjoyement of spending more on gas.

Isn't the 2002 VR6 Golf suppose to have 201 hp and 200 lbs of torque for 2002??? I don't know much about VW but I think I've seen this somewhere.

For 2002 VR6 will be 24v putting out 201hp. For now they have the old version of VR6 (12v 178hp) since the new one is not out yet except in the Eurovan. The new VR6 will be mated to a 6 speed manual gearbox and will be available in the next few week. For the 1.8T, the new 180hp version ia available for a while that's why we see "new 180hp 1.8T" vs "old 178hp VR6" at this moment.

The new Vr6 is crazy! I was in a new beetle Race car last summer and it had that engine! I was a passenger while Hurley Haywood ripped around the track 2 weeks before last years Grand Prix.....WOW! :eek:
BeetleCup_2.jpg

BeetleCup_3.jpg

BeetleCup_4x250.jpg

Well whatever is comming, this is whats currently available.

Also on the vw.com web site.

www.vw.com/gti/engspec.htm#tech

But what I realise now is the 1.8t used to be 150hp and now is 180hp, probably just uppded compression and whatnot.

So now I understand why the VR6 and 1.8T are so close in power.

So that would mean for anyone shopping for a GTI either wait for the new VR6 or get the 1.8T cause the current VR6 isnt worth it, unless maybe your looking to mod the engine...

No one should buy a Vr6 Gti right now! What a waste! even if you're gonna mod it, because the 24v has sooo much more potentiel! they are just probably trying to get rid of the last of the VR6's because they are selling a little slower since the 1.8t came out!

The new 1.8t (180hp) has a revised computer program and the same turbo and everything that the Audi TT 180 has!

Karim call VWNA and offer them 500$ for a brand new old-version VR6 for your future B3 Syncro ;)
That would be a good deal!!

Imagine they were selling them for crazy prices cause they were stuck with so many!! 500$ My god....did jesus come back to life.heheheeh! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back