Rollin' On Dubs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruno2000

Banned
Je m'adresse aux propriétaires de Maxima,

je voulais juste savoir c'est quoi les plus gros Mags que vous avez mit sur votre char. Jsuis tombé en amour avec des Lexani 20 pouces... mais jpense pas que ça fiterais sur une maxima. jvoulais juste savoir votre avis côté grosseur.

merci

20" fit fine (minor adjustments) on any 4th or 5th gen Maxima. Also makes for a sweet looking ride.

You would have to change the suspension or get coilovers on a 3rd gen probably. The visible wheel gap on the 4th and 5th gens are smaller, but the wheel well on the 3rd gen isn't as deep.

Not flaming but you guys have gotta be out of your fukken mind. To safely put 20 inch rims on that car (not f#$% with the abs breaks if you gott em and also the odometer speedometer and various other things) your tires would probably have to be 10 profile (which don't exist). Furthermore 20 inch rims usully only come in 9 inches wide and wider, and your front wheel well is probably not wide enough. On a final note I know to safely modify most cars for huge rims you are looking at a 3-4000 dollar job (electronic work and alot of times bodywork)

20's... hmm pretty big. dang!

i think 17's on a maxima would look just fine and not cost as much. :)

I have small 15's on mine, wish i could get something bigger :(

Furthermore 20 inch rims usully only come in 9 inches wide and wider, and your front wheel well is probably not wide enough. [/B]

Like I had said the 3rd Gen Maxima wheel well is smaller than the 4th and 5th gen, but on a 4th & 5th Gen its actually just over 10 inches deep. There have been quite a few people that have managed to get 20inch rims on these cars.

There is no doubt that for this to be done completely safely, alot of money would have to be invested, it is not simply a matter of buying the rims and sticking them on, just a guestamate would be that the whole thing could be completed for about 4-5k Canadian though.:dunno:, its not like 20" rims would be cheap in the first place alone. I am pretty sure though that most people don't even adjust the speedometer or odometer at all, but just kinda factor it in (when a tire with the correct aspect ratio doesn't exist), like going from 16" stock to 20" would mean that you are going about 15% faster than indicated, with rims like that, its not like you would be driving that fast anyways on our roads, I would think it would be more for cruising. Though I do take your point that I may have left the thread to open looking like it was something easy to do, all I meant was that it would fit on a 4th or 5th Gen, my bad.

I live in Littleton, NH, just after the Vermont border. Not too many cars around where I live, but the muscle car and vintage car community is huge. Through work I travel throughout New England, so I have been to Manchester a few times, its a very suburbish type city, but the more south you go, the sicker the cars get, especially in Connecticut (of all places), people seem to have money down there, so you seem some pretty clean looking cars.

actually, the spedometer and odometer would read 15% SLOWER with the bigger wheels....some cab drivers in morocco put tiny wheels and tires on their cars to make the meter go bling bling.
By the way, i'm getting a early 80's Z and dumping my VW...see you arround!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back