If anyone has a 92 bumoer ....I need it

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DannyITR

I would like to have a 92 golf front bumper (and rear ).
I'm in no rush because it's just for my winter car. If anyone knows someone who is scrapping a vw let me know.

Also how much does it cost to have the euro grill put on the front. I'm looking at a 2-light grill with no vw logo. I've been told I need to re-weld the radiator supports and stuff so it'll be like $500 but I've also been told it will bolt right in. I mean we're not doing a JDM Type R conversion here are we?

Its true Danny. If your car has the square light grill you have to change the rad support to be able to fit the single round light grill. The good news is that unlike my Rabbit, you dont have to take a hacksaw to yer car to remove it! (major pain in the A$$) If Im not mistaken the MKII rad support is bolted to the car not welded, which means easy removal. :D

Have you tried any scrap yards? Call Kamille Auto, they are in the yellow pages! They have everything VW!!!

Danny..welcome to the world of VW..where everything is twice as expensive!

I see you went back to the O.G. name!

Yes calling Kamille is a good idea to find bumpers this guy has all sorts of new & used parts from the Corrado to the Fox.
I get all my parts from him.
phone# 634-3000 (he's in Lachine off the 20)

I could get the front bumber for about 250+paint+instal
rear bumber 275+paint+install
I could find some cheaper used ones too.

I was quote $89 for a new front bumoer already.

I think I'll give the guy a call.

Thanks Milan and by the way did you get your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back