Skirts or no Skirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

87jetta8v

Just wanted to pass something by you guys, tell me what you think. I'm gonna do some slight body mods to my car next year: nothing serious, just nice and clean. I was thinking of taking off the skirts (the one's that came with the big bumpers), but keep the big bumpers cuz I like the look. I was thinking of getting the quarter wheel arches like the '92 Golf has. Do you think this would look weird on a Jetta, or would it be pretty cool?? I've tried to find pics of this on the net, just haven't had too much success. Oh yeah, at the same time, I'm gonna remove those $%/?* ugly front reflectors and de-badge the rear...Any comments, pics or links would be appreciated.

Thanks

I find the stock skirts look good on the jetta
They complete the car.
But if you take them off your car will definitely be original
If you do take them off I would not bother putting the quarter wheel arches

Euro mk3 Vr6 front lip (like on my Bro's car) would look sweet on your big bumpers..and fits too!
kw-15.jpg

Just a sexy pic!
17.JPG

No side skirt..on a 2 door jetta! (NICE!!!!!)
jetta.jpg

Bigger fenders next to smaller ones! (get the bigger ones..looks FAT) even with no side skirt!
bothcarssept1.jpg

Thanks for the pics VRSIK, they're incredible!!!! I really like the yellow one: nice, clean, simle, just the way I like it!!! The only thing is they all have the door mouldings. If I were to take off the skirts AND side mouldings, would it be too much (make the car look wierd) ??? The blue one has the same mouldings I do, and it doesn't look that bad... I think I'd have to go to a junkyard and pick up a nicer set though... Karim, I didn't know that lip fit my bumpers!!!! That would look sooooo mean :evil:
I can just picture it know.... BTW, should I stick with my colour (same as the '92 Jetta GTX grey) or, as TURBO323 suggested, go with the Nimbus Grey. I'm just scared that too many people are gonna get that colour....

That black 2 door jetta is beautiful
If the 2 door Jetta existed in a 16V form I would have taken it over my GTI

I don't think it would look weird if you took of the skirts and mouldings..as long as your car is low enough, because doing that will make it appear higher up!
If you were to fit the Euro Vr front lip..then maybe you should stick with the black trim all around! The moldings could go though!

Nimbus Grey is the BOMB!! Make sure Dubguyvr6 doesn't paint his car that color first! (I've been pressuring him for a while)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back