Thinking about buying a VW, suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteZomby

I'm a big Honda guy (I've only had Honda's for the last 8 years) and I'm thinking of going the VW way to try something different. What would you guys recommend I get. I want a VR6 but not sure if I should get a 91 92 with a swap or just get a 95 and up. What would be the best way to go. I want a nice looking car and it has to have a little bit of punch also so what should I get.

As far as styling goes, you just got to love the Scirocco! But it's very hard to find one in good shape, and even harder to fit a VR6 in there.

There is a G60 scirocco for sale right now (I don't think he sold it, the guy is building a house!)

Scirocco (light car) + G60 (175 hp) = WHY GET A VR6!

Check it out geerocco.tripod.com (price at the bottom of the first page)

Another one (I have not talked to the seller)

1988 SCIROCCO "SLEGATO". 2L 16V from 92 passat. Rebuilt 1.8 head ported and polished. 268 shrick cams, Neuspeed chip, K&N filter, Techtonics racing headers 4 to 1, 2 1\4 exauhs whith resognator. Tokkiko intrax suspension whith ABD lower tension bar. TSW Blades 15" mags. Cross drilled discs. Euro lights and bumpers. Rebuilt trany 2H whith high 5th gear for highway and dual friction center force clucht. For more info email me cause there is more to say. Price 5500$$ cnd.

Billy <www.vwbilly@hotmail.com>
montreal, qc canada

If you really want a VR6, I would suggest you wait for a few examples of the new 200 hp VR6 to be available for a swap into pretty much which VW you want!

Pa

87 Scirocco 16v (2.1l) *** NOT FOR SALE***
As seen in the Hot import shows pictures (#52 and 56a)

Do you want a Golf, Passat or Jetta?
I have a passat Vr6 5 spd, leather, Dark blue metallic and LOVE it! it's got way more room than you'll ever need and I'm selling it as soon as possible! 15 000$
66000kms and a couple little mods...but kept Super clean!
If you want to see it. i'll come meet you!!

same for me

Golf VR6 for sale,check out the post I made in the VW and A VENDRE I made last week Golf VR6 for sale for more info
price to be discussed.

Same here, I might be selling my golf...

88 Golf VR6, fresh silver paint(one more week), shaved hatch, no moldings, badgeless 3 bar grill, leather, 97 LEGAL Passat engine with 68 000KM, big brakes with ABS and traction control, Neuspeed intake and chip, shaved pulleys, Bilstein/Neuspeed Race springs, Leistrizt exhaust...bla bla bla...

I dunno how much I should put it up for yet...if I do that is..

Why are all the VW cars putting there cars up for sale?
(are y'all saving for the 2002 GTI VR6, @#%$ that's gonna be a phat car.)

It all depends on what you're looking for. If you go the vr6 way, I would buy a mk3 vr6, simply cuz the car was made for it...A vr6-in-a-mk2 swap is cool, but it ain't my style. the car wasn't designed for it, doesn't seem right. The coolest would be a 1.8t in a mk2, but $$$$$$. I'd buy the car, do suspension, rims and tires, paint job, etc. first. By the time your done that, 1.8t's should be cheaper. If you wanna go old-school, a gti 16v is the way to go: 2.1l conversion, cams, head work, exhaust :evil:
The possibilities are endless, you just have to choose what's right for you!! If you have any specific questions, there's a couple of guys in here that know their s&*?% pretty well, so just ask..

P.S.: Welcome to the club, you won't regret it!!!

Personnaly, I don't like to have a car you see around every street corner. Likewise, I wouldn't want to have to put a big air dam and a park bench spoiler to be able to recognize my car in a crowded parking lot!

That's why you have to go old!

Old cars have been well cared for if they are still around. It's easy to get a fast A3 that looks good, but it might as well be on its last limbs. Even if you don't care about your car (especially if it's just a rental), it will still look to be OK after a few years!

Beware of rentals (at least the ones my friends drove)!

A car is like a woman, it has to get to a certain degree of maturity. I always loved mine at 13 or 14 years old! (cars that is!)

Later

Pa

Sorry forgot to mention I wanted a Golf. I don't like the Scirroco. Thank guys for offering your cars but I don't want to buy a modified car, I want to buy a stock car and modify it myself, that way I'll know that it's done right and that everything will be legit. Not telling you your cars are not nice but I don't like buying already made cars, I rather build a car, I like having a project, that's the fun part for me. I'm thinking about the 1.8 turbo (can get one cheap where I work from a 00 Passat) but I find the whole idea of buying a VW is having a VR6, I love the sound they make and I already had alot of turbo Hondas and want to try something else. I know what you meen about the Mk3 golfs versus the Mk2, the Mk3 where made for the VR6 as the Mk2 was not but I was just wondering if there's a big performance advantage to swapping a VR6 in a Mk2 compared to having a VR6 Mk3 and what would be the diff (in 1/4 mile times)??

If it's a golf you want, why not get something that's like a golf but better!

Lovely Quattro!!!
X3442.jpg

Sure it has high mileage, but you want to have something to do !

http://hebdo.net/v4/result/affich.asp?sid=16GLNOG6486952&rubno=4000&pa=7&pr=1

Pa

A3 VR6- Reliability, Handling, Build Quality, Newer look, nice condition body! (15.0-15.3)

A2 VR6- Little faster, Cheaper, could get lucky with nice condition body...or try to find a 2 door jetta! (14.4-14.8 )

A3 VR6(95-96)= 14000-16000$

A2 VR6 :9000$
-2000$-Car
-5000$-Legal VR6 Swap W/Brakes and 15"rims
-1000$-Fix up body
-1000$ Suspension

Insurance on the A3 is pretty XXXXpensive!
Insurance on the A2 is Very Cheap...ask DubGuyVR6 ;)

I also have a two door jetta!

I'd like it if the seat would fold! Only have the ski chute!

Pa

87 Scirocco 16v 2.1l
88 Jetta Slalom Sport 8v (would consider offers)

PA 16V..your Scirocco is gorgeous! Yours and the white one (paul) are no doubt the nicest i've ever seen...even at waterfest!
Props :D

Hoping to get is even faster next summer!

Do you know if a 2.1l block with a 1.8 head can accomodate a turbo?!?

The car is very fast, but I want more!

Paul's ride is in fact nice, too bad his engine is now out of the car!

Funny that two Paul's have nice Scirocco's!
Everybody call me either Paul or Pa but my full name is Paul-André!

Later

Pa

PA...Is it possible to see the other Rocco...the at 5500$???
I'M looking for one...the other one is just a bit to expensive for me...(It's a second car!)
If you would sell yours how much would you ask for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back