supercharged vr6, or bored out vr6 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piqui

Legacy Member
What would be a better choice, a bored vr to about 3.1 or a supercharged or maybe even a turbo vr6 ??
I,ve read good things about boring a vr6 if its well done.............................wats the best bet ?

supercharge is the easiest, turbo is the fastest, 3.1 is really expensive for what you get.

my 0.02$

Ok so its narowed down to super or turbo..........whats more reliable ? I'll do the 3.1 if I win the loterry

I've seen the supercharger at rmr, but its for the 2.0.
I think I'll save for a few years and go see those guys in B.C., hpa motorsport and get a twin turbo, haha, that would nuts.

I guess I didnt see. What about the new vr, its coming with a 24 v head, can I put that on my car ? (the 24v head)

I know, but I was told that I can just put the head onto my original engine making it a 24 valve, or was he talking through his ass ?

The 24v head won'T fit on a OBD I or II VR6 block...it's completely backwards, plus the timming chain is on the opposite side...

as for S/C, there are really 2 main ones for a VR...

1.Z-Engineering: cheaper of the 2, easy to install, relatively good power enhancer. Although, I've heard of belt "slipedge" alot..but anyway..If it breaks on you, cut the drive belt, and just drive home..

2.Vortech: if you have the money, get this one. It's a bit more complex to install since you have to run oil lines, and I think you need a more powerful fuel pump. Good power, and posibility of a BOV!! what a sound... This is a more reliable and more powerful charger..

I've seen a 3L VR6 on the 1/4, nothing spectacular...

That's why I want to run a 100 Dry shot of NO2!

-Eric

stop with the 1/4 @#%$ ...lol

a VR6 is REALLY hard to handle in the first 60 ft...

a 3.0l is even harder only practice and knowledge will get you through a fast 60-ft

we sell the 3 kits and the best bang for the buck is the 3.0 then the turbo then the Z (hp per dollar) ...reliably speaking its the 3.0, the Z and the Turbo...

i can give you a road test if you want

I'd say Turbo that bitch! Better off in the long run!

Is anyone gonna take Rainman up on that offer! I know JacoVW did and almost wet himself!

Rainman, tell me when and where and I'll be there for the test run. I'm not too sure what I'm gonnado for the vr6, theres a lot of pros and cons for each mod....................Whats best ?

You know my friends The Solution for myself after trying alot and alot and alot of different things like atmosphérique and nitrous, and i was looking for supercharge but i decide to do a crazy turbo nitrous car it's a lot of money but a lot of power. If you want the easiest way to win H.P. put a supercharge and nitrous or after i did my turbo i will be able to do your turbo. Let me know.

I don't remember who asked it but, it seems that it isn't possible to fit the head of the 24V on your 12V bloc....

so the new vr is totally different from the old one? will it have the same sound? what about the power curve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back