wave to other Soobies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Br0kWRX

Has anyone else noticed that lots of Subaru owners give a wave to other Subaru drivers? I love running into other WRX's or 2.5RS's or any Subaru enthusiast on the road because I'll wave or give a thumbs up and get one in return.

Subaru's are relatively rare out there, and i love feeling like its a little clique or comunity. I have once parked beside a blue WRX wagon at a driving range (obviously on purpose because it was parked all alone), and the owner came running out, asking "is that your WRX?". We talked for about 10 minutes about our cars. She said that she always waves at other WRX's when she sees them. She even told her husband that when he drives her car, he has to wave! hehe

I cant even count the number of times that i've exchanged friendly waves anymore. I've exchanged waves with people outside their homes, washing their soobies, on the road, in the parking lot...

I suggest that we keep it going, and even get it to catch on even more. See a soobie and wave! Obviously there are people that dont even know what they are driving, but most Subaru drivers do.. especially the 2.5 RS's, Legacy's, and WRX's. :)

P.S if that Black 2.5 RS that exchanges thumbs up with me, after driving behind me for a while on St Johns BLV at 1PM today is on the board, hello! nice car! :bigup:

i do wave at other subie owners when i see some

just for your information, the old 2.5 rs model, during the whole time they sold the model which started in 98 if im right, there was only 18 000 sold in north america, so that's not a lot

its more like 14 033 Rs

> '98 Impreza RS Coupe 5-speed - 995 units
> '98 Impreza RS Coupe automatic - 685 units
> '98 Impreza RS Coupes - 1,680 units
>
> '99 Impreza RS Coupe 5-speed - 1,795 units
> '99 Impreza RS Coupe automatic - 345 units
> '99 Impreza RS Coupes - 2,140 units
>
> '00 Impreza RS Coupe 5-speed - 2,375 units
> '00 Impreza RS Coupe automatic - 535 units
> '00 Impreza RS Coupes - 2,910 units
>
> '00 Impreza RS Sedan 5-speed - 1,636 units
> '00 Impreza RS Sedan automatic - 1,574 units
> '00 Impreza RS Sedans - 3,210 units
>
> '00 Impreza RS models - 6,120 units
>
> '01 Impreza RS Coupe 5-speed - 1,701 units
> '01 Impreza RS Coupe automatic - 324 units
> '01 Impreza RS Coupes - 2,025 units
>
> '01 Impreza RS Sedan 5-speed - 1,057 units
> '01 Impreza RS Sedan automatic - 1,011 units
> '01 Impreza RS Sedans - 2,068 units
>
> '01 Impreza RS models - 4,093 units

martin thanx for posting what i was thinking about
i was pretty sure it was 18 000, but at 14 000, little less rs thatn i tought

I wave to nice soobies, or ones that "wear" stickers of MSC or Mtl Racing.. well, stickers of club that I know..

:)

Annick

It would be fun if everybody would wave at subarus the same way that jeep owners do....I also own a Jeep and people wave and honk like crazy when they see eachother in jeeps......It's all about being part of the subby force....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back