Dealerships or Stealerships?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kacey

www.handlerwheels.com
What Dealerships do you guys go to? Are you happy with the service? Prices? Availability of parts?

Personally, I have had some bad experiances with dealerships. Especially with Fairview (which is now Sources).

I know I'm not the only one!

in gaspé we dont have Dealerships and in riviere du loup its @#%$ so i go to quebec city its more @#%$ haha so i rather to fix the plm myself but when its in the warenty i go but i always look what the men do on my car they dont like that but i dont give a flying fuk!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

the service suck Prices suck Availability of parts.. i try to find it on the net first ....

Personally, I don't trust any garage with my car. The best mecanic for my car is myself. It's the only way I know everything is done the way I want it to be.

I had another bad experience last week with a particular dealer in Quebec City. The parts guys at Laval Volkswagen are the dumbest I ever saw. He quoted me a rear caliper carrier for 365$ :eek:
I work in a place where we have repair guide with parts listing and prices (Mitchell). So I checked by myself and the carrier is 121$. I called Québourg Auto and he told me that 121$ is the right pricwe. WTF with Laval Volks?? They suck. I had better experiences dealing with Québourg Auto.
My 0.02

I went to get my car checked out a couple months ago and they told me i needed new Discs. They told me it would be about 1000$! :eek:

So I went to RMR and bought cross drilled Brembos for 600$. You know!!!!!!

I think I'm gonna take my rotors off and drill the crap outta em!

hehe, speakin of ****ty prices..a "new" clutch for a VR6 at work is 643$! VW is less expensive! God Bless Canadian Tire!

1000$ WTF
I can have OEM Brembo discs on all 4 corners for less than
100$. Maybe they wanna sold you gold plated brake disc :lol:

As i havent had any problem for the moment with my car, i cant say my dealer is a stealer, will see when im gonna have some problem, but i must admit im quite known at my dealer so i have a good service (subaru rive-sud)

Jonathan
2001 Impreza 2,5 rs

VW dealerships have a Rep of being s#it! I'm just trying to find out if anyone has been happy with the service so when i plan to go buy a next car....I'll know where to go!

The parts and service guys at des Sources VW are liars.This winter when i was buying parts to rebuild my motor, I needed a torques spec for a bolt in my trany, and since that spec is not in my golf Bentley book iask the parts guys (Peter) to find me the spec. I had just paid him 1200$ for my parts when i ask him. First he to me he couldn't. Then he told me to ask the service manager. I ask the service manager and he told me to call him back after lunch since the mechanics where on lunch. When i called him he told me the torques spec, was 110ft-lb. for a small 13mm bolt. I told him it didn't make sense and he re-assured me that it was the proper torque spec for this bolt. Since this bolt is the bolt that screws into the transmission shaft and holds the 5ft gear in place i wanted to make sure the spec was right before i torques the bolt.So i ask
on vwvortex.com and a guys told me the spec was 35ft-lb. So i went back to that dealers for more parts and ask him to double check the spec again. After some convincing the parts guys (Peter) ask a mechanic in the shop and he told me the spec was 110ft-lb. again.
If you could see this bolt you would also argues that the torque spec. can't be 110ft-lb.
So i ended up finding the torque spec. in the corrado Bentley book and the spec. was 35ft-lb. I was so pissssttt...
Imagine if i would have torqued that bolt to 110ft-lb. IT WOULD HAVE SNAPPED..... And my input shaft that holds all the gears would have been SCRAPPED.. a new one is 800$+labor.
I still ask myself why would they lie about stuff like that....specially after i spent 1500$ in a week there.....Bunch of ass h#les......
Moral of this stories is don't trust the dealliarship...Specially peter the parts chump.........

VW dealership are not the only bad ones. My friend used to work at parkway plaza, he told me that the service consultants(the guys you talk to when you go to the dealer.)did competition on witch of then would get the biggest bill of the day or week...They would inflated their clients bill for fun.
That's really bad...no!!!!

You wanna know something funny?

I posted this, this morning and at lunch i passed by VW sources cause i needed a bolt for my wheel, and i was expecting them to be like "6.95 please", but instead he just gave it to me!

Not that a bolt is such a big thing..but that's the first time they GAVE me something. I was shocked!

The price is right. 604$ for the front left door speaker. It's a self amplified speaker that sounds like crap...Aktiv Sound System is @#%$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back