A2 Vr6 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

vr6a291

generetion 2 golf or jetta VR6
I would like to know if there are a lot of them in mtl area ?
and description of mod with times if you have ?

many?? there have been alot more in the MTL scene in the past 2 years then before, that I know of anyway. Not all are done right though, I know these lil mom and pop garages takin a chance on doin a swap, and turns out slower then a hyped-up 8V.

I have simple mods on mine, neuspeed intake+chip, lightened pullies :) no a/c, and maybe *fingers crossed* I might have cams, as some ppl seem to know my car better then me. besides that,nothin much cept suspension and exhaust stuff. I definately want a quaife soon enough, and a GOOD set of rubber for some grip...

With the power to weight ratio they shold be in the mid 14's but seem to always be in the high 15's!

What a shame!

a little under 200k on a 1993 corrado once on Hebdo. If engine was 100% original I could only imagine how $hitty that thing must've run....VR6's are amazing engines, but they dont have the longevity or the abuse-ability(is that a real word?) that a 1.8 8v has. My car has 330k kms on what appears to be the original head gasket. Granted my coolant smells like fuel but hey.... it still runs!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back