OBDII diagnostic scanner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protege

Legacy Member
Hi Guys,

Anyone know where I can get an ECU diagnostic scanner? I'm assuming G2 Proteges (95-98) use the OBDII system.

Merci!

yes they use the obd II but you can read the error code via the check engine light just short the ten terminal to the ground terminal and turn the key to the run position and check the check engine light flash

Thanks for the reply morenc00. However, I have done the procedure that you have stated already. Grounded the 10 terminal and ground under the hood in the diagnostic box beside the fuse panel. I am going to double check again tomorrow and make sure I did that right. I did check the Haynes manual, and that says that your advice is only applicable to G1 Proteges (90-94) with the OBD0 and OBD1 ECUs. I am trying to avoid the dealership like a plague, but before I do that, I'm going to ask adtuning, RMR, & Camo (a hint for you mechanics out there;) )and see if they have the diagnostic equipment. Even still, I'd like to own one (provided that it doesn't cost me my left nut of course:D ) because I like working on my car.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back