vr6 chip burned my ECU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aboul3el_10

Legacy Member
i chiped my car(VR6 2003 6speed) last year near the end of the summer.
i parked it for the winter and last week i went to the dealer
cuz my couldn t go faster then 20km, they told me my the chip
that have been installed in the burned my computer.

i changed the ECU(1500$) but i would like to chip it again with a
warranty that it will not do the same thing.

did that happen to any of u and what did u do?

no theres is no warrenty on this car and the guy thats work there is a friend.
this is y i took it to the dealer

elpaso said:
2003 with no warranty gotta be kidding me !?!?

to much mods on it perhaps.
if the car was VGA there is no warranty.

to answer the question, you have 2 good options:

go to trac racing and get a GIAC chip
or
go to L-Sport and get an Upsolute chip.

if you wonder where they are, look in my tuner list in my signature.

A chip does not burn an ECU, sorry. If the chip was not installed properly or was the wrong box#, the car would not start and run. There was a problem somewhere in either the ECU or elswhere in the car and your friend was told what the mecanic told him...which sounds a lot like BS!

well the dealer guy told me that its burned they changed the ECU and the car run normaly. Put still they didn t told me other then that. How it did happen they said the chip burned your ECU and thats it.I'm not a mecanic and theres no intension to make RMR look bad in any way. I didn t say u did it and i didn t say anything bad about RMR. They only thing is thats most pps that install CHIP don t give warranty and its ok thats how they work. AND Chris@RMR i didn t take my car form the dealer yet and i will tell them to recheck again if u thing theres maybe a prob in electronic. THX to give me lil hope its not the chip cuz with out it it dosn t go that fast. :)

and for the 1500 its 1700$ the price at the dealer and i didn t pay that i got it for the 1/3 of the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back