Ok...So here it is...(Nissan shops plz read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkawim

Legacy Member
Cite Nissan just called me to tell me that there where 2 problems with the car...GREAT

My fuel pump needs to be chnaged cause its pumping 15 PSI instead of the necessary 70 et the distributor cap (right over the fuel pump) is finished cause its rusted and the wires are all messed up...He also said something about chnaging the gaz filter...

Anywais...the guy told me its about 900$...F****

The real question is...(and considering i dont think i can get the car on the autoroute) IS there a REAL nissan garage (Ex: Automation...sorry i dont know the others) that can do the job...with the RIGHT parts...for less???

I want this to be over with and all but 900$ is a bit too much of a pain in the ass for me...talk about f****** up my summer plans...

thx...

Karim

bigkawim said:
Cite Nissan just called me to tell me that there where 2 problems with the car...GREAT

My fuel pump needs to be chnaged cause its pumping 15 PSI instead of the necessary 70 et the distributor cap (right over the fuel pump) is finished cause its rusted and the wires are all messed up...He also said something about chnaging the gaz filter...

Anywais...the guy told me its about 900$...F****

The real question is...(and considering i dont think i can get the car on the autoroute) IS there a REAL nissan garage (Ex: Automation...sorry i dont know the others) that can do the job...with the RIGHT parts...for less???

I want this to be over with and all but 900$ is a bit too much of a pain in the ass for me...talk about f****** up my summer plans...

thx...

Karim

Call Camo!

514-637-6677

Get a used 240SX pump, or a brand new Walbro (will cost ~200$)

You will have to get a new fuel unit....or fix that one (better get a new one) this might be expensive...

Yeah. I can get walbro's cheap now, its a 1 hour (but annoying and dirty) job, a dist cap is cheap, and new wires... whatever. name your brand. call whoever. camo, auto sinmay, my front yard, whatever. the only one I don't like is the fuel pump cause your arm is in gas while you **** around with it. but other then that, nothing hard OR that $$ there. maybe 400 bucks with all the parts and install.

btw, this isn't a "Nissan garage" thing... any monkey garage can fix it.

97_240sx said:
Yeah. I can get walbro's cheap now, its a 1 hour (but annoying and dirty) job, a dist cap is cheap, and new wires... whatever. name your brand. call whoever. camo, auto sinmay, my front yard, whatever. the only one I don't like is the fuel pump cause your arm is in gas while you **** around with it. but other then that, nothing hard OR that $$ there. maybe 400 bucks with all the parts and install.

btw, this isn't a "Nissan garage" thing... any monkey garage can fix it.

There is nothing wrong with is distributor cap....he means the metal thing over the fuel pump...were the fuel line pass and wire for fuel pump and fuel gauge...that thing always rust!

S14 Drift! said:
There is nothing wrong with is distributor cap....he means the metal thing over the fuel pump...were the fuel line pass and wire for fuel pump and fuel gauge...that thing always rust!

Yuck . stupid s13 :p mine was perfect when I pulled it. I just changed screws for fun.

97_240sx said:
Yuck . stupid s13 :p mine was perfect when I pulled it. I just changed screws for fun.

Remember the S14 use a much better design...and from what I know the plastic they used for the fuel distribution cap...doesn't rust :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back