Vr6 Turbo at Napi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kacey

www.handlerwheels.com
Does anyone remember seeing that white mk2 golf that loked totally stock with a 2 light debadged Bonrath grill?

He ran a couple 12.6's! Not bad eh?

Ya nice car but didnt get the chance to take a look at his engine.
one question there was lots of ppl racing with someone in the passenger side dosent it affect you time ????

good question
i was asking myself the same question when u have a passenger does it affect ure time?

For me, racing with my g/f takes off about 0.3 - 0.5 secs. I took her for one run to show her. Any more runs and it's a waste of a race because you know you're slower.

I did a 14.69 with her. The next run I did a 14.69 without her. I was pissed, but I did manage a 14.45 later on.

LOL "I did a 14.69 with her. The next run I did a 14.69 without her. I was pissed, but I did manage a 14.45 later on."

Nice going Danny and you left her freezing outside !!!!! ;)

p.s just jooking man !! dont kick my ass

Actually if your racing with your girlfriend and your 0.5 secs slower, that means your girlfriend weighs about 500 lbs. Let me explain before you get all mad at me. Everybody knows that 100 lbs is good for about a 0.1 sec advantage or disadvantage (depending on if you had the weight or remove it) so running with your girlfriend will had about 2 tenths of a second and not half a second. There was probably another factor that made you go half a second faster than just your girlfriend getting out of the car. Not trying to be an ass but just to inform you. And to answer the other question, some times, when that track is very slippery, it helps having a passenger as this puts more weight on the front of the car where you would need traction (if your running a front wheel drive). I experienced this first hand with my old car. I use to run a b18b and a 92 hatch with a turbo kit on it and I use to run faster (on street tires) with a passenger than I did running alone because the power was making me spin all of first and second gear and with a passenger, I had better 60 foot times wich in turn helped my 1/4 mile times. The weight was affecting traction more than slowing me down but you need a good amount of power to compensate for the weight disadvantaqe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back