s14 headlight yellowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifter Steve

Legacy Member
when i got my s14 about last year i took a series of pictures, the only dissapointment that i have are the headlights, they were yellowing and ruining the look of the front end.
today i located some tools and attempted to fix the lights, here are the pictures

Before
steves_S14_002.jpg

steves_S14_001.jpg

After
Newlights_003.jpg

Newlights_002.jpg

tools
Newlights_006.jpg

the tools were armor all plastic protector and polisher.
a cloth to apply the armor all
and a polishing disc with drill bit attachment do polish the cleaner off.
i did it about 3 times, and those were the results, i know its not perfect but its a lot better than it was!

thats good, but cant you wet sand and polish them to get the yellow out, or you can just get a S15 front end, that will definetly get the yellow out :bigup:

i suppose wet sanding would be the next step

as for s15 lights... i think i'd get an sr20det first, still trying to figure the cheapest way of doing that

Steve S14 said:
i suppose wet sanding would be the next step

as for s15 lights... i think i'd get an sr20det first, still trying to figure the cheapest way of doing that

wet sanding p1200 + buffer... when crystal clear color obtained wash whit prime wash then clearcoat your headlight it will stop them from yellowing. and you can buff them when they scratched out :bigup:

krackhead said:
wet sanding p1200 + buffer... when crystal clear color obtained wash whit prime wash then clearcoat your headlight it will stop them from yellowing. and you can buff them when they scratched out :bigup:

thats a good way! can you post picks of your sileighty, i really am curious 2 see it....

Silvia S13 said:
thats a good way! can you post picks of your sileighty, i really am curious 2 see it....

the sileigthy sleep under a coat of primer and she's all stripped out...

you will have to wait till mid-june too see her :bigup:

thank for the support silvia owner *tu* *tu*

its before i start the bodywork now she's all stripped out in part, i will post new pics really soon!!

krackhead said:
sorry if not working, and for the shitty quality

controller.php

Your Sileighty is so siickk :bow: :bow:

What you going too put Under the HOOD my friend ? :dunno:

SR20 ? :dunno:

send me some picture when you car going to be ready .. :bigup:

BaNz0? said:
Your Sileighty is so siickk :bow: :bow:

What you going too put Under the HOOD my friend ? :dunno:

SR20 ? :dunno:

send me some picture when you car going to be ready .. :bigup:

thank you dude i appreciate *tu*

dont know yet if i go SR or KAturbo... big horsepower isnt my priority by now
dont want to be a Dynoqueen, big power whit no control = shitty ass car .
i dont want to drop a sr just to say "hey look ive got a stock sr20"
sr20 is a great motor i respect everyone who have the swap already but
i want reliable big horsepower so when motor swap times arrived it will be ****ing ugly trust me!! :D
for now i spent most of my cash on the body/paint and footwork, upgrade brake,coilover,tire,rims etc

:bigup:

krackhead said:

controller.php

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

YES!!!!!!!!!!! :bigup: i love the lights!!!!!!! cant wait 2 see it on the streets. the SR is a very reliable engine good for 400whp, i think you will be satisfied with it if the setup is half decent.

krackhead said:

controller.php

shiitt!!! this car rocks! :bigup: im talking about the army topaz behind this piece of shit :laugh: its a datsun right?? :p

thank tout le monde :p vous me gener.... attender que sa sorte dla paintshop :D

domage que plusieur autre personne diss sur un thread war a propos dun meet de drifter mais bon jmen colis un peu de ce que les hater dise jveux juste finir mon char au plus criss chu taner de me promener en topaz camo :bigup:

c lfun de voir que les driver de 240 sont friendly entre eux *fag*
car la fraternité hachi / 240 heu sa laisse a désirer :squintfin

typeracer said:
shiitt!!! this car rocks! :bigup: im talking about the army topaz behind this piece of shit :laugh: its a datsun right?? :p

tant a lair dune datsun toi davee crokette,,, by the way dude pour un fwd ( :thefinger :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )ton civic i rocks aussi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back