VW may be joining the F1 Circus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mk1GTIt

Legacy Member
Yes, its true, its true! There is an article in todays Gazette stating that there are talks of VW joining F1! Personally I think its about time! Picture it...VW, Honda and Toyota battleing it out! Who ever wins will be the undisputed import champion of the world!:D I wonder if rainnman is gonna be their driver?:)

Audi races the R8's only.

Porsche used to race in F1 during the late 70's(I think) early 80's. They produced the famous and almighty Tag Heure engines! 1.5 litre(I think) Twin turbo V6's capable of producing upwards of 850hp. They dominated F1, enabling their drivers to finish 1-2 in the championships for something like 3 years. Hopefully VW will burst onto the scene with the same success Porsche had!

I wonder if they'll design the chassis as well, or have some kind of partnership. Personally Id like to see them compete on their own, like ferrari, but for now I just wanna see the good 'ole VW emblem on the front of an F1 car!:D

if vw joins f1, it's gonna be under the audi brand, to compete against bmw and mercedes. It's gonna be a plain 3,0 loter V10 engine, like every other team cause it's the regulation.

From what i heard a few months ago..it will be VW not AUDI and they will team up with SAUBER!!!
The engines will most probably be a W8 or W10 > FSI...that is.. theyr newest technology(direct injection/FSI).AUDI races these engines in the RS8`s...Direct injection/FSI gives an engine 15% more torque ya baby!!! 15% more horsepower,ya baby!! and an economy of 15% on gaz,cool!!!:eek:
That is how they get thoes RS8`S in 1-2-3 in every race!!
watch out HONDA and all the others ,a new legend is coming to the F1 circus!!:eek:
By the way people...VW will be sharing this new technology with us in the next 2 years... there will be a new 16v 2.0L with around 155hp(no F. induction )and this is aparently the replacement for the 1.8,2.0 8v wich there will be no more!!!
The TDI engine will come out a few months before..and sometime after the 1.8T,V6 will get the 15% + also!!SWEET!!!:eek: !!!!

They will not be running in F1 under the Audi mark. Audi is bust dominating in the Grand Am series, they dont have time to focus on F1. I believe that in f1 you have the choice to use either the v8 or v10 configuration. That would be cool if VW teamed up with sauber, however, thats gonna be a hard team to impress. Lets not forget that Sauber uses last years Ferrari engines. Engines which have proven to be VERY succesful/reliable in the past few years...ah well, its nothing VW can't handle! :D

f1

As far as I know the manufactuer can use just about any N/A configuration as long as it is no more than 3.0l
MAny teams choose to run v10's because they make more power than a v8 but are sinificantly lighter than a v12. There are (or maybe were until last year or so) a couuple of teams using v8 and v12 engine, but ultimately it was always the teams using v10 that won.

Matt

Re: f1

3.0l of displacement on a v12? damn that's serious! must be some small ass pistons!

Re: f1

yeah thats what I thought. Theres no limit on cylinders, just displacement. They should bring the turbo 4 cylinders back!

I had to bring back this post since the GP just passed: besides the fact that it's getting really boring in here.

For those who don't know the original article stated that VW was looking to supply a team with an engine (to develop it) then eventually they would start up (or buy) a VW team. As I'm sure you've probably noticed there are no VWs on the grid, so the rumor died.

Crap!!!! Justo got
00Stuff-own3d.jpg

By a 3 year old thread .... really muste start reading those darned dates..... :squintfin *banghead*

I knew it was three years ago, I read the original article published in the gazette back then (Isearched to see if anyone wrote anything about it back then).

REASON: While at the grand prix I was asked from a couple of my friends why VW wasn't part of the action. I explained this (above) to them... So I figured I'd ressurect a thread with the info to educate those (on the board) who don't know.

PS: Porto sucks! :squintfin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back