rainnman, I have a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mk1GTIt

Legacy Member
When you hook a multimeter up to your O2 sensor what reading should you get? I have a 1984 rabbit with a stock 1.8 8v and the readings I was getting was at idle were anywhere from .025 to .078...is this normal?

Thanks

Normally a O2 sensor fluctuate between .1 to .9 volt or in other words from 100mV to 900mV.

470mV = to 14,7:1 air/fuel ratio(stoich) . the reason why you always had a fluctuation , is that the computer always adjust the air/fuel ratio get close the is GOAL . the goal on every computer is to get 14,7:1 air/fuel ratio . when use on gasoline engine .

Sorry i am not Rainnman but i can answer you question

Are you running rich at all Jay?? it's usually a sign if the sensor is shot, or the car bucks too, but I'm sure you'd notice that.

Yeah the whole mixture setting is messed. I wanna try and fix it myself, but im really tempted to bring it to Volks. They can fix the whole thing for like 100 bucks.

go to Euroservice >>> 455-8689 he knows more about volks them volks themselves, I S.H.I.T. you not. He's a perfectionist, and his fav Dubs are MK1's to boot! And he's verry resonable too.

Does he have the proper machine to adjust CO mixture? Thats the only reason why Id goto Vw, cause all they have to do is plug my car into a machine a turn the mixture screw until it tells them to stop.

Hey Jay,
You want someone to tune your car, and do it right ??? You should seriously talk to Ben, he did wonders for my car !!! Just go see him, I don't have his number handy, or come and see me tonight, I actually have to talk business with you... (Sorry for the lateness in my reply).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back