WTB: Exhaust for 2003 SV650S...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohlias

Legacy Member
I'm looking for a Slip on for my 03 SV650S. Prices in the stores are around the $550 mark and I think this is just a little to high just for sound. Full systems come in aroun $1000, but then you need to do some fuel mapping ($$$) and I don't have that kind of money.

I just want a nice sound...

I was quite interested in the Yoshimura system, but now I'm being told that it is only a full system. I also like TwoBros. and M4...

If anybody knows of any deals, let me know. Used is not a problem.

Contact: Ohlias (Nick) by either PM, Email ( n.panetta@videotron.ca ) or cell (514)349-9393.

Thanks

Good luck finding a used aftermarket exhaust... it's hard enouhg finding the bike "used"... lol

You might want to check out Hindle. They seem to make rather inexpensive pipes (compared to Yosh) and I heard they have a great sound. Holeshot and D&D have good prices too (check on eBay).

I'm putting a semi-full system this summer to avoid having to cut the stock exhaust.

Good luck!

mackronym said:
Good luck finding a used aftermarket exhaust... it's hard enouhg finding the bike "used"... lol

You might want to check out Hindle. They seem to make rather inexpensive pipes (compared to Yosh) and I heard they have a great sound. Holeshot and D&D have good prices too (check on eBay).

I'm putting a semi-full system this summer to avoid having to cut the stock exhaust.

Good luck!

Which are you planning on? I'm pretty sure that with the Yosh I don't have to cut, just remove the rear section of the pipe with the exasuht and there's another pipe and exhaust...

Ohlias, if you think its expensive to have slip ons, its double the price on a 1000 because we have two pipes!!! Im probably going for a 2/1 full m4 alu or a yosh 3/4 stainless, can have the yosh for 519us and the m4 for 30 bucks less, have to make the choice, and have to have the money first!!!

i dont knwo of any deals, but i know wich ones are good and wich ones arent.
I,d stick to akro, arata, devil, sato, maybe micron

Wow, you don't like the Yosh? That's the one I REALLY wanted. I thought they we high quality...

I don't want something TOO loud, but to sound nice.

yosh isnt all that loud. There pretty good. A buddy of mine has a tri-oval on his bike.

My fgfavourite is Devil exhausts. Made in france, great quality, hand made. Sound throaty and not too loud.

Anyways, Use this link, it should help u out.

http://www.kuhnco.com/SV650/Exhausts/

I have an Advance tuning, at idle it has a nice rumble...at low rpm is has a nice tone...and at wot is pretty damn loud compared to a few I heard.

Desmo said:
Ohlias im going for the jardine bolt-on dual, u should try the slip on. Jardine know their thing when it comes to v twin exhaust. Nicky Haiden endorse them with his RC51 jardine. I include a sound file for the jardine and a place to buy at best price so far...Music to my ears! right click save as: http://pages.sbcglobal.net/sadawson1/_images/MOV00409.MPG place to buy www.oneidasuzuki.com hope it helps.

Oneida Suzuki ONLY ships via UPS and charges lots for it. YOu will pay all applicable taxes (15.6%) Plus Duties, Brokerage fees ($$$) and like $60-$80 USD shipping to Canada. Are you sure about the final price? If not let me know and I will check it out...

Desmo said:
ive just bought mine at www.hammythecanman.com 429usd plus 20 bucks shipping, 50$ 2-3 days air. 2 bolt-on

Congradulations! That's gonna sound nice! What are you gonna do with your stock cans? Can I have one? ;)

Please let me know the final price once it's at your door!

OHLIAS what would you do with a 1000 can as restrictive as ****! Cut your low pipe and and put the thunder jardine sp-one 3/4 system to your bike, its 299$ or sothing at hammy the canman dot com, supposed to give 5 hp without the need of a power commander. Think about it my friend. Would be nice to ear the two system on the 650 and the 1000 and swap bike to see the difference!

Quoted by rags187 of sv650rider.com :I finally got my Jardine exhaust on. SOunds WONDEFUL. It cam as a semi-full only thing it didnt come with is the front header pipe, where it links iunder the motor. Might as well add the extra foot of exhaust and call it a F/S. But I am really impressed by the Jardine and cheap too at $351. Will add pics as soon as I can figure it out. Some one give me any help on adding pics?

No, you dont have to rev up the engine to hear the low rumble. Sound great at idle. Installation was easy, took about half hour to do. I got the race baffle, figured all aftermarket pipes are illegal anyways, so why not get the loud one. I can tell a change in power, and just sounds so good on a slow 35-40 mph cruise in 3rd. A sweet rumble. You will not be disappointed with the Jardine if you get one. Another good thing abbout it, if ya want to sell your bike, and sell the exhaust differently you can always put your stock exhaust back on, NO CUTTING at all. Think my next investment will be a PCIII, doing a lil research on it and hopefully will get good info on what I need.

So get the jardine when ya can 5 stars IMO.

Desmo said:
OHLIAS what would you do with a 1000 can as restrictive as ****! Cut your low pipe and and put the thunder jardine sp-one 3/4 system to your bike, its 299$ or sothing at hammy the canman dot com, supposed to give 5 hp without the need of a power commander. Think about it my friend. Would be nice to ear the two system on the 650 and the 1000 and swap bike to see the difference!

That does sound good. Also not having to cut the stock can and ease of installation is a big plus.

Thanks for all of the info Desom, now we HAVE to meet up so I can hear you bad boy 1 litre rumble! ;)

Let me know when you get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back