2 swap or not 2 swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gti dreaming

hey guys been reading the board for a week or 2 and really think it's great !

I have a 95 golf 3 base. As some one said so stock it sux ! Now on the week-end I got to drive a 91 gti modded and took it to the limit and am now hooked.

so my question is , Is a swap better or should i just hunt for a used gti and sell mine ?

Hey Gti Dreaming,

This is a dillema that goes through everyone's mind once they catch the "tuning bug"! :evil:

It really all depends on how much you love your car, how much it's worth, insurance (If your car is a 4 door, i'd suggest you keep it!), and how much $$ you've got burning in your pocket!

MK3 golfs are the bomb! But a 95 Gti VR6 will cost you about 12,000$ ! And probably has around 120 000+ kms on it! If you were to pay to do a legal swap, it would cost you around 5500$ and you would have less kms.

But if you are really serious, I'd suggest going with a 1.8t swap! Trac Racing has done one of the best jobs around using a TT drivetrain (Won 1st place at waterfest)! RMR is also a good option for this swap, and they have just built one of the baddest and fastest 1.8t mk3's in Canada.

I fyou have anyother questions, there are many people around here that would love to help!

Are you serious Karim?? That guy won?? what category was it in?? I woulda thought that guy with the cameleon A2 VR "T" GTI woulda won, that car made me droooooool!

He won in the Jetta 3 Category! You can't really see much of the engine in this pic...but you get the picture!!
09.jpg

how much for a 1.8t, and how much for the install.

I'm interested in the vr6 i saw on another post this morning

The 1.8t swap is a little more costly...maybe around 8-9000$!

Thae car you saw in the other post was built by my friend Jeremy and it is a GEM! If you can...buy it you will be one happy boy!

ok thanx man , I'm waiting for a response from him so i can check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back