I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacovw4

Legacy Member
hi,
I have my golf4 since feb. 2000 its a 2.0L. The first day i drove this car i new that i had to replace the springs/shocks cause they where sloopy and knocking at each little bump i passed on, so i changed for neuspeed/bilstein everything is ok, exept that whenever i push the car and slow down i still hear the shocks knocking and there is this little noise whenever i turn on my left side does anyone know what it is ??
I took an appointment at a garage but i was wondering if anyone knows a place that are used to have lowered cars or any reccomended place...
Thanks
Jack

We are the shop that install the most lowering suspension and we those from time to time, I would suggest gong back to the seller or installer, your spring set up/install might be wrong, check for top plates, binding coils (often seen with certain brands), bad seating(bad manufacturing) of the rear coils...etc... where was your new alignement done? didn't they see anything? tell me more...

My last align. was done before the installation of the shocks/springs ( at the volks dealer ). I didnt have the chance to go align my car since the installation of the springs/shocks witch were installed this summer.I forgot to say that the bushings where changed "aussi". So i guess i should go do an allignement see what they say and if nothing seem's to be wrong i should go to the installer ( of the suspensions) and figure it out with them ...

P.S: I am still a rookie so maybe the best thing is to come see one of you guys, cause i cant situate some of the terms like Upper strut bearings , binding coils, top plates .
Thanks ....

no problem man...I know its not easy when nobody take care of you. Didn't the seller/installer told you that you MUST realign after the install?...how are your tires?

Whenever you change the suspensions you MUST realign the car afterward. Otherwise you will have bizarre handling and premature tire wear....

I had my car lowered without an alignment. It still drives straight so should I get one anyways?

Actually they did tell me to realign ! but i didnt think it would be that important so i figured to do it in winter when i change my wheels... For my tires they dont wear faster than normal they look ok . So ill go do the alignment then ill keep you guys updated .
Thanks again rainnman.
Jack

Hey rainnman j'ai fait mon alignement et le gars il me dit que c a cause des bushing ils sont trop petits donc il laisse un gap mais je veux quand meme etre rassurer serait ils possible de prendre un rdv pour verifier meme peut etre faire un test drive pour etre sur que je suis pas fou parce que je pense qu'il y un autre probleme ?? Merci Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back